need help

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by 02silverad0, Jun 13, 2009.

1. 02silverad0

02silverad0 Rockstar

Moms 01 Tahoe idles like it has a mild cam it has 93,734 on the odometer and the check engine light is on dose anyone know what the cause of this might be:confused: ????

And also the windshield washer fluid light stays on :grrrrrr:???

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

As far as the idle goes, you probably need to have it "scanned" for trouble codes. Around here, AutoZone will do it for you. The washer fluid light is probaby a sensor.

3. daddytech

daddytech Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

yeah as long as your washer fluid is full then the sensor for that is acting up and probably needs replaced. (if it's really that important to you / her) as for the idle and the CES/SES light without a code it's really hard to tell you where to start to look for the problem. something you might try in the mean time is to get a can of Sea Foam and run it through the vacuum let it smoke till it stops and that may clear up the problem for you all by it's self. that stuff is like GOLD for cleaning varnish and deposits off of the inside of your motor and out of the fuel path.

I usually run a can through the vacuum and then put in a can with a full tank of gas. I do so with mine at least once every 3 to 6 months depending on how much and hard i drive my trucks.

4. 02silverad0

02silverad0 Rockstar

sweet. i will try it and i might run it through my truck as well