1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need help

Discussion in 'Chevy Blazer Forum (GMC Jimmy)' started by traverskidude, Apr 24, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. traverskidude

traverskidude New Member

Hey guys need some help.
    Looked all over to find out how I can make my 04' Chevy Blazer LS from a 4x2 to a 4x4? No one can give me a straight answer on what parts i need to buy or even point me in the right direction. Any help is appreciated.
  2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

most of the time (especially with newer vehicles) It is cheaper and less of a headache to buy a 4x4. Front suspension is typically completely different. need transfer case, shifters, computer etc.
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I completely agree. The entire front end would have to be replaced. New transfercase, possibly transmission, any computer changes, wiring harnesses! If you really wanted to do it you could try to find a truck that has been totaled in the rear. Then start pulling parts off of that one and put it in yours. Including computer. I don't know that the proper brackets are even in place to make that swap.
  4. msfrost

msfrost New Member

I am trying to locate the oxygen sensor at Bank2 Sensor1, on my 2001 Chevy Blazer LS. I do not know what to look for.
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

On this particular truck you'll need to do a SAS (Solid Axle Swap), not a job I'd recommend for a backyard mechanic.
    You'll need a short tailshaft transmission, transfer case, front axle, (the front axle and r/r axle gears might need to be swapped to get matching gears), you can get by with the ecm you have but youll need an older model manual transfer case to do that, if you try to use a newer transfer case your gonna need a new ecm and wiring harness along with designing a wire harness to bypass a couple sensors that work with the front axle.
    Unless you have advanced mechanical and fabrication skills and this is a second vehicle you can park for a while to complete the build I'd recommend either paying the $4000-$7000 a shop will want to complete the project or trading up to a 4x4. Truthfully in the end you'll be money ahead trading upto a 4x4.

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Passengers side exhaust manifold, the first sensor on that side going downstream on the exhaust.
    Controls cylinders 2, 4, 6.