1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Need help

Discussion in 'Chevy Impala Forum' started by timw1113, Jul 21, 2012.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. timw1113

timw1113 New Member

I have a 2010 Chevy Impala LT 3.5L V6. I am It is currently stock but I am adding a Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust system.

I am wanting to add horsepower but not pay out a lot of money. I have heard a lot about performance chips, re-programming thew computer, cold air intakes, and headers. Which ones really help get some significant horsepower but that won't cost a fortune? Also ones that will not wreck the rest of the computer or cause mechanical issues.

Thank you. I appreciate any help you can give!

2. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Well it depends how deep in your pockets you're willing to go.. CAI (Cold Air Intake) adds horsepower but really only noticeable if you are at WOT (Wide Open Throttle), and a chip would work in your situation but them comes the issue how much do you want to spend. As far as anything messing up your vehicles computer, as long as you buy something from the big brand guys you should be fine.

3. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I hate to break it to you but Horse power cost money. I’m not being mean. It is just the truth. When I added mods my old car I went, air intake, exhaust, chip, headers, engine mounts, throttle body spacer, intake manifold gasket. Also remember the main rule, you get what you pay for.

4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

IMHO, the absolute simplest and biggest bang for the least buck is a handheld programmer and a custom tune to go with it. You need both to get the most out of the programmer.