Need Ideas on Front End Light Bars

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Tater, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Tater

Tater New Member

Hey ya'll , been a while.. Looking to get a light bar or brush guard for my truck and was going to get some ideas from the 'crew'. Truck is going in shop this week, or early next for 6 inchs and to be re-geared so looking forward to heading stateside and taking her riding. SO light bars, pre runner? full brush guard? bull bar? Any and all ideas and pictures welcome! :great: Thanks ya'll
  2. Tater

Tater New Member

AND also was wondering about being able to keep my tow hooks up front... I know alot of brush guards require them to be removed, and thats a no go.. truck is treated like a truck, not just cause it turns the ladies heads.. So again and you for ideas!! :great:
  3. hi check mine out. it bolts to the frame. ralph
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member

Unfortunately the Westin bullbar on your year Silverado requires the removal of the tow hooks, I can't think of any right off the top of my head that do enable you to use the tow hooks.
  5. Tater

Tater New Member

I like the light bar on colorado man.. I found one online, looks like tow hooks stay, but its not as beefy as bull bar. Anyone seen or even heard of this ??[​IMG]

Thanks for the input guys :great:
  6. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP New Member

I just ordered my brush guard last week so it should be here soon.but I think I'll have to remove the tow hooks.I have heard of some people being able to keep them but I'm not positive because I've never seen it myself.i broke one first time itried using it so they don't seem to be strong enough anyway so I don't mind losing mine
  7. Tater

Tater New Member

Yea let me know man.. Iactually found another one, thats not to bad lookin I dont reckon... what you think? in black on my truck [​IMG]

Just that light bar on the front.. I dont have an extra $60,000 to do the rest of that. :fighting0037:
  8. Tater

Tater New Member

Alright done posting on my own and answering my own questoins :lol: Here is what it would look like on a extended cab silverado of the same color and style I am lookin at.. Yes or No or Better Ideas?

[​IMG]
  9. Stealth

Stealth New Member

I really like that model from n-fab, very good reputation and solid build. Go for it!
  10. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 New Member

Pre-runner bars are awesome... I had one on my '95 Tahoe...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP New Member

I like it man.I think I was looking at somthing similar if not the same but I decided to go for the full guard for a little more protection out in the woods.I think it would look awesome though!

Mine still hasn't come in but I'm hopin it will be tomorrow or Wednesday.but as soon as it does I'll try to give you a little more info on the hooks and everything
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  12. Tater

Tater New Member

Good deal man.. Hope it turn out well for you. I dont really need the extra protection from brush guard, just need something to hold lights, not weigh down front end, and not look shabby.. tha nks for the input guys :rofl:
  13. philsz71

philsz71 New Member

I love the pre runner from n-fab it's just fire lol i am getting that and the 6 step nerf bars from them
  14. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member

I really like that light bar from N-Fab, If I would have seen that before I bought my Westin bar I probably would have bought it. Although If I would have bought one I would mount the 3 lights like they have, and then I would have went crazy and mounted two more lights on the top of the hoop up by the hood. Total Baja Style!!!!!! :party:
  15. Tater

Tater New Member

I am goin to say I am only putting the 3 KC Daylighters on there, but you never know 2 more might make their way up there.. I dont NEED them... but hell, cant hurt, and nothing wrong with goin over board a little. :great: :great:
  16. TritonBoulder47

Overboard you say... Like this...?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

It's only 16 forward facing white lights... LoL
  17. Tater

Tater New Member

I hope I dont get in trouble.. but holy sh*t.. thats great man! :lol: I dont need THAT much light, only woods riding, some trails.. no lighting a football field! Hahahaha looks great man, deff get peoples attention when you need it I reckon:rofl:
  18. TritonBoulder47

Is it ever about need...? I don't need that much either, but it's fun to have...
  19. pmpddyd1

pmpddyd1 New Member

20. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member

I 100% agree with you! I keep telling my parents that each time I buy another set of lights, although I had no where near 16 lights facing forward I had a few for emergency use only.......:rofl:

[​IMG]