Need info on 99 Suburban [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by vaughn, Dec 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vaughn

vaughn New Member

I am considering buying a 99 2wd 1500 Suburban.
    It is an LT with all options except towing. Has the 350 engine and I assume 3.42 gears. What kind of mileage can I expect from it.
    It has 119,000 miles and is in Texas at a Chevy dealer. They are asking $7,500.
    My last gas 350 was a 92 GMC extended cab K 1500 with 3.42 gears and only got about 12 MPG empty driving easy.
    The last 8 years I have been driving a 1 ton Chevy van with a 6.5 Turbo Diesel. It weighs 8,000 lbs all the time due to shelving and tools.
    Thanks

2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

3. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

RE: Need info on 99 Suburban

My '98 K1500 Suburban is getting ~13 mpg city 16-17 highway.

Has the intake manifold gasket been changed? Even if it has, I'd probably get a pressure tester (you can borrow one from Autozone, or have a shop do it for you), and make sure there are no coolant leaks. That vintage 5.7 (and a lot of other GM engines) had issues with the intake manifold gaskets leaking.

4. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You might want to check out Kelly Bluebook at KBB.comthe trade in value is around $5000 so your dealer has a lot of room on that $7500 price. The used car lots in my neighborhood are jammed with SUV's, with recent move to economy cars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.