1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Need info on 99 Suburban [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by vaughn, Dec 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vaughn

vaughn New Member

I am considering buying a 99 2wd 1500 Suburban.
    It is an LT with all options except towing. Has the 350 engine and I assume 3.42 gears. What kind of mileage can I expect from it.
    It has 119,000 miles and is in Texas at a Chevy dealer. They are asking $7,500.
    My last gas 350 was a 92 GMC extended cab K 1500 with 3.42 gears and only got about 12 MPG empty driving easy.
    The last 8 years I have been driving a 1 ton Chevy van with a 6.5 Turbo Diesel. It weighs 8,000 lbs all the time due to shelving and tools.
    Thanks

2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

3. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

RE: Need info on 99 Suburban

My '98 K1500 Suburban is getting ~13 mpg city 16-17 highway.

Has the intake manifold gasket been changed? Even if it has, I'd probably get a pressure tester (you can borrow one from Autozone, or have a shop do it for you), and make sure there are no coolant leaks. That vintage 5.7 (and a lot of other GM engines) had issues with the intake manifold gaskets leaking.

4. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You might want to check out Kelly Bluebook at KBB.comthe trade in value is around $5000 so your dealer has a lot of room on that $7500 price. The used car lots in my neighborhood are jammed with SUV's, with recent move to economy cars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.