1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need info on swapping '90's single headlight grille to composite headlight.

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Gryphon, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Member

I am planning to upgrade my '99 Suburban's stock grille with an aftermarket type. Since there is really nothing wrong with the grille, I'm wondering about swapping it onto my '94 C2500 that currently has the single headlight grille. I know I'll need full light assemblies, buckets, front signal lamps and maybe buckets and likely have to mod the harness. Both are stock Chevy grilles, not GMC if it matters. If it's an easier swap, I kind of like the early two-lamp headlight arrangement (pre-composite assembly) like the blue stepside in the 2012 Meets banner at the top of the page.

Is there a how-to on this? I looked for most of the past hour to no avail. Anyone have some decent guidance on doing this swap?

Thanks!