Need info please

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by cobra2end, Mar 12, 2010.

1. cobra2end

cobra2end Rockstar 100 Posts

So i will say I dont know everything about gm trucks but i do know a little. I have found out a lot of stuff checking out older posts thank you all for the information. The site was a great idea for all of us who like the truck to keep informed. I do have a question my self. Has anyone used or currently using any ecu programmers and how do you like them ? I see the chips all over e bay and have read all i can on them. I want to get a little more power out of my 97 z71 but do not wish to tear it up just for a little more power to haul horse trailer or hay etc. Any info on what works or does not work would be great. After reading the posts i know you all would be the ones who would know. Thanks

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I had the Hypertech tuner on the '96 Chevy I had w/350 engine. It did help with more power and a little better mileage. It had a setting for "87" or "91" octane and I only used the "87". You could set shift points, top speed shut off, etc. It was worth it for me, as far as I was concerned. Hope this helps.

3. cobra2end

cobra2end Rockstar 100 Posts

Thank you for the info