1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need info please

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by cobra2end, Mar 12, 2010.

1. cobra2end

cobra2end New Member

So i will say I dont know everything about gm trucks but i do know a little. I have found out a lot of stuff checking out older posts thank you all for the information. The site was a great idea for all of us who like the truck to keep informed. I do have a question my self. Has anyone used or currently using any ecu programmers and how do you like them ? I see the chips all over e bay and have read all i can on them. I want to get a little more power out of my 97 z71 but do not wish to tear it up just for a little more power to haul horse trailer or hay etc. Any info on what works or does not work would be great. After reading the posts i know you all would be the ones who would know. Thanks
  2. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

I had the Hypertech tuner on the '96 Chevy I had w/350 engine. It did help with more power and a little better mileage. It had a setting for "87" or "91" octane and I only used the "87". You could set shift points, top speed shut off, etc. It was worth it for me, as far as I was concerned. Hope this helps.
  3. cobra2end

cobra2end New Member

Thank you for the info