Need more Horsepower on a 5.3 2007 ltz

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by althoff24, Apr 19, 2011.

1. althoff24

althoff24 New Member

I am look some way to get more horsepower out of my truck but dont know what to do Chip, exhuast, or is there something else that dont cost a lot. I do have a air intake already

2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Get you a set of LT's cat back and then tune it. That should do you some good, if you are not happy then......SC it!!

3. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

An exhaust combined with your cold air intake will yield some more hp gains than just an intake by itself. If it were my truck, I would go intake, exhaust, chip or custom tune, headers, cam, forced induction (in that order).

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. Unfortunetly HP stands for horsepower and high price. As ajarman said long tube headers, cat-back exhaust and a tuner, I like the Diablo Preditor. If you buy cheap headers and exhaust they just won't last. Save your money and get the good stuff.

5. Blacksheep1

Blacksheep1 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

To true on buying the best you can(can't lol) afford... It will last longer and usually perform better

6. TELORVEHC

Ok, seriously these russian spam accounts really need to go die.......

7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

X2 on the russian spam.

8. TELORVEHC

Seriously, these spam accounts are really annoying. When I log into the forum I report spam at least 2-3 times a day. Steve, if you're reading this, is it possible to upgrade the anti-spam software for the forum????

9. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I'm confused. It seemed like a legitimate question to me.