1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

need more HP!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by SeanBurgandy, May 25, 2012.

1. SeanBurgandy

SeanBurgandy New Member

Hey, my buddy was telling me about a chip that he had for his sierra that was untraceable when plugged into diagnostics. He said it gave him 30-40+HP. Does this exist?

I'm looking to do some HP mods but I'm not going to do anything thats really "involved" right now. Does anyone have any simple ideas for easy HP gains?
  2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Active Member 1000 Posts

Gas or diesel?
  3. SeanBurgandy

SeanBurgandy New Member

4. bama2010z71

bama2010z71 New Member

i barely gained 20hp with my programmers built in tune but got more out of it with a custom tune we made. but mine is defiantely traceable. its a diablosport predator. easy hp mods are cold air intake,tuner,exhaust,mild cam if you can afford it. theres limitless options its just how much are you willing to spend
  5. carbon black

carbon black New Member

Most HP mods will void vehicle warranty if the mod is found to cause the problem - Be careful
  6. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member ROTM Winner

Most mods will void the warrantee that change it from the way the factory built sold as configuration... Larger tires, lift kits, elective fans etc. It depends on how pricky your dealer may be. I put a bully dog gts tuner on my truck... It really wakes her up.
  7. paracutin

paracutin New Member

That's not entirely accurate. Check out this (http://www.fullthrottleperformance.com/main/page_what_about_my_warranty.html) explanation of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Correct. The manufacturer has to be able to prove that your modification caused the factory part in question to fail.
  8. TimTom64b

My information came directly from speaking with a GM rep... I was inquiring about replacing the mechanical fan and a couple other mods. Off course they would have to prove it... But what extent will that be? Examples... Awe your transmission failed... They noticed you replaced the cooling fans... It easy to say you burned it out due to inadequate temp control. Your bearings or transfer case failed... We see you are running 35 inch tires... And your truck was originally equiped with 32's. It is up to the the dealership... What extent are they really going to go? It could be a battle.
  9. paracutin

paracutin New Member

I understand the point you are trying to make but saying "Most mods will void the warrantee that change it from the way the factory built sold as configuration" is just not even close to being true. There are tons of mods that are very unlikely to effect your warranty. For example... CAT back exhaust, cold air intake, shocks, LED lighting, etc...
    My Jeep Wrangler had 33s (31s were the stock tire) and Chrysler replaced a wheel bearing no questions asked.

10. TimTom64b

I am just relaying what was said directly between me and the rep/tech His specific words were to me that any changes to the sold as configuration even it it were to improve the vehicle can and may void any warrantee. I understand that the cold air intake and exhaust are minor changes and most will overlook... But if that specific dealer were to be pricks one could be holding the bill. People just need to be aware of.this info when doing mods. Anyone can contact GM directly with any questions... Which they have a link on their website. They will contact you within 24 hrs.