1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Need nerf bars for 2010 Sierra ext.cab

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Garyp, May 5, 2010.

1. Garyp

Garyp New Member

Where is the best place to get serviceable, reasonably priced nerf bars for the above mentioned vehicle. I'm short and need them for easy entrance and exit. Thanks

2. thetinker

thetinker New Member

Try Looking at truckchamps.com, I just bought a set of polished stainless steel nerf bars with all of the parts to install on my 06 Silverado crew cab. It was very easy to do and took about 45 minutes to do. there is a video on truckchamps web site showing a 65 year old woman installing a set of nerf bars her self on a silverado ext. cab. I believe I paid $ 180 for the set and they are well made. good luck !

3. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Ebay,summit racing, anythingauto.com

4. thoffman2000

thoffman2000 New Member

You can get them almost anywhere. I just installed a set of Luverne 4" oval bars on my crew cab. Luverne products are made about 30 miles from my house.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  5. jamesdeanj

jamesdeanj Member

6. cain73

cain73 Rockstar

Looks good ! got a link to where I can get some for mine ? And what about price ?
    On a side note where are you in South Dakota ? We're looking to relocate to the Sioux Falls area in the not too distant future (when the wife graduates). Would be nice to get some first hand info on the place.

7. thoffman2000

thoffman2000 New Member

The manufacturer website is www.luvernetruck.com. They have a "stocking dealing" locator thing on there via e-mail.

I live about 25 miles from Sioux Falls. I moved to SF right after college. We have 2 kids and once they reached school age, we moved out. I grew up in a town of 300 people and I had 14 kids in my graduating class. It was simply unfathomable to me to send my kids to a school with 300+ students in each class. We still work in Sioux Falls though as that's where 90% of the jobs in the area are. It's still just a little too "big city" for me. But, crime is reasonable low and taxes are a lot more friendly here etc. There's problems like anywhere else too I guess. Not a lot of entertainment options for the most part and the streets get behind in maintenance most of the time. I still like the area though and I manage pretty well by living the small town life while still taking advantage of the city.

P.S. If you're coming from FL, you're probably not going to like our winters... :)

8. cain73

cain73 Rockstar

We have been looking around Sioux Falls and Brandon, but no decisions until the job offers get here after graduation. I'm looking forward to the SD winters more than I can tolerate these Fl. summers.
    I ended up ordering a set of Westin Platinum series oval nerfs - found them for $350 with an instant $25 off code with FREE shipping. They should be here next Tues. til then I'll be putting on my mud flaps, bed rail covers, stainless anchor points.

9. turtlesdove3

turtlesdove3 New Member

Good price! Do post some pics if possible after you're done. Would surely want to see.

10. cain73

cain73 Rockstar

should be here tomorrow. Only problem is that my back is out so I don't know if I will be able to get them on tomorrow like I planned or not :grrrrrr:

Will get some pics soon when they are on. Also have to put on my flaps so hopefully it'll all be on soon.