Need new fishing pole

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by Als09Sierra, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I need a good saltwater pole for fishing off the boat. Anyone have any advice? Fishing in the Sound is good this time of year for Blues and Bass. You can also fish for flounder, porgies and others. I'm new to saltwater fishing, but have done some freshwater fishing.

2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

not a clue, let me know what you get and how you like it tho, been toying with getting into saltwater here on the chesapeake.

Alex

3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Al.....Below is a Nice Rod/Reel setup,........its a Penn/Senator Salt Water fishing Rod/Reel.....which is for the kind of saltwater fishing you've mentioned......I'm not saying go out and buy this setup, but something along those lines,

Link to West Marine,
    PENN FISHING TACKLE Special Senator Conventional Saltwater Combos at West Marine

Edit.....Link to West Marine,
    Fishing - Rod & Reel Combos at West Marine

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  4. Als09Sierra

Mike: That's what I'm looking for, but maybe something a little cheaper. I'm not big on fishing...yet. If I get into it, I might invest in a setup like that. In the past, I've bought ugly sticks.

5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Al.......I Added a link for the Whole line of Rod/Reels.......from West Marine, You should be able to find a Rod/Reel Setup that is going to be with-in your $$$$....Range......:great:..........I've got a couple of the Ugly sticks, and put on a Penn Reel and this Combo does just find.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  6. Als09Sierra

Thanks Mike! I'm going to a boat show next weekend so I'll see if they have anything like this setup.

Any feel for Shakespeare vs. Penn reels? My ugly stick has a Shakespeare which reels nicely.