need new front shocks, what to buy?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by chevyman2004, Feb 22, 2011.

1. chevyman2004

chevyman2004 Rockstar 100 Posts

ok so my front shocks are leaking and i need to replace. I don't do a lot of offroading more of a daily driver. What is a good one? never replaced shocks before so i don't know what to buy. i have leveling kit so i don't know if that makes a difference. Should i replace just the two or all four? any help is much appreciated. also would like to spend about $50 a piece for them. Will do the work myself with a little help from brother-in-law.

2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Best to do them all at once IMO. Monroe is a decent priced shock, same with Pro Comp. I don't think that the leveling kit will affect the height you will need.

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Bilsteins are alittle more than $50.00 each but there worth it. Also check out Edelbrocks.

4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

The bilsteins are great but over 50 each. I have used Monroes in the past with good results. the procomp ES9000's run about 40 each and I didnt see a problem with them. I havent used Edelbrocks but they are a reputable company.

5. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I got four new Bilsteins on ebay for $220 delivered-that was 3.5 years ago.
    No complaints they work well Suburban doesn't have all the sway and bobbing it had before.
    Charlie

6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

If not Bilstein's then KYB's are the only way I would go for Aftermarket

7. chevyman2004

where is the best place to find bilsteins? at a decent price?

8. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

ajusa.com, there a porsche shop/parts and they have good prices on most of there parts. If they don't stock they can get in a short amount of time. I purchased EBC brakes, Weathertech matts, Covercraft seatcovers and the savings was worth the wait ( about a week). They also have differant specials including shipping specials. There upfront with you if they don't have in stock and how long to ship.

9. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Bilsteins,and replace all four

10. chevyman2004

I found Bilsteins on autopartswarehouse.com for 75 a piece is that a good price? free shipping