1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

need new front shocks, what to buy?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by chevyman2004, Feb 22, 2011.

1. chevyman2004

chevyman2004 New Member

ok so my front shocks are leaking and i need to replace. I don't do a lot of offroading more of a daily driver. What is a good one? never replaced shocks before so i don't know what to buy. i have leveling kit so i don't know if that makes a difference. Should i replace just the two or all four? any help is much appreciated. also would like to spend about $50 a piece for them. Will do the work myself with a little help from brother-in-law.
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts

Best to do them all at once IMO. Monroe is a decent priced shock, same with Pro Comp. I don't think that the leveling kit will affect the height you will need.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Bilsteins are alittle more than $50.00 each but there worth it. Also check out Edelbrocks.
  4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The bilsteins are great but over 50 each. I have used Monroes in the past with good results. the procomp ES9000's run about 40 each and I didnt see a problem with them. I havent used Edelbrocks but they are a reputable company.
  5. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Active Member 1000 Posts

I got four new Bilsteins on ebay for $220 delivered-that was 3.5 years ago.
    No complaints they work well Suburban doesn't have all the sway and bobbing it had before.
    Charlie
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If not Bilstein's then KYB's are the only way I would go for Aftermarket
  7. chevyman2004

chevyman2004 New Member

where is the best place to find bilsteins? at a decent price?
  8. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

ajusa.com, there a porsche shop/parts and they have good prices on most of there parts. If they don't stock they can get in a short amount of time. I purchased EBC brakes, Weathertech matts, Covercraft seatcovers and the savings was worth the wait ( about a week). They also have differant specials including shipping specials. There upfront with you if they don't have in stock and how long to ship.
  9. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts

Bilsteins,and replace all four
  10. chevyman2004

chevyman2004 New Member

I found Bilsteins on autopartswarehouse.com for 75 a piece is that a good price? free shipping