1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

need new rear wiper motor

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by 99monguse, Dec 3, 2010.

1. 99monguse

99monguse Rockstar

My rear window wiper motor has stopped working. When I turn on the switch I can hear the motor trying but no luck. I'm thinking it's the motor. Anyone ever have issues with this motor and how difficult is it to replace?
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

3. 99monguse

99monguse Rockstar

Ok, I replaced the motor with a CAR-DONE re-manufactured one and the new one is doing the same thing the original GM one was doing. When I turn-on the switch, the motor just buzzes. Now I am wondering if the switch is what's bad. My truck doesn't have foglamps; so the switch is fairly inexpensive but I don't want to buy a new one if I don't have to. My switch will turn-on the washer fluid pump but it won't do anything except make the motor buzz, as far as the wiper goes.

Has anyone had any issues like I'm having, a buzzing rear wiper motor?