1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need New Shocks (front)

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by StillMatic, Oct 3, 2009.

1. StillMatic

StillMatic Rockstar 100 Posts

I wanted to get some recommendations on front Shocks, Struts or whatever will fit best on my truck. I can feel that the ride is not the same as it was when the summer first began. I'm also not sure what is really supposed to be on there, shocks or struts. I have a 1997 k1500 4wd Suburban. Some time in the coming weeks I'm going to take the chrome rims off and put the factory rims back on and install new brakes and rotors which I already bought. I'd like to have the shocks or struts done at the same time along with a wheel alignment. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not trying to break the bank or anything so if yall could stay under $300 price wise that'd be great!:great:
  2. vemery1994

vemery1994 New Member

Shocks

I just looked for shocks for my 99 silveradao and they were $65-$80 each (rancho and another name brand) for the front shocks they are really easy to install.
  3. StillMatic

StillMatic Rockstar 100 Posts

I think I saw them on a site while I was snooping around. I may go grab them today. The only problem is that there is no mechanic open on Sundays to give me a wheel alignment! I'm being so impatient, but thanks for the info.