Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need Non-Bose Radio Wiring Diagram for 09 Silverado

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by 98Hotrod98, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Have you tested the ground/bypass switch you installed. A while ago, I heard a rumor that Pioneer had set up all their new dvd/gps radios to also use the GPS data to determine if you were moving or not in addition to the parking brake switch circuit to keep people from just putting a switch inline. I can't verify one way or the other because I didn't get a nav/dvd unit.
  2. 98Hotrod98

98Hotrod98 Rockstar 100 Posts

Yes i've tested and used it for dvd. I didn't purchase the Nav add-on though.

But the guy i got the idea from had the nav package installed and it seemed to work for him.

I would be shocked if pioneer tried to do that, as they are only legally obligated to put some basic mechanism inline to prevent it. Seems it would kill there market if they make it too difficult. I mean technically it only applies if your on the public roads, govt cant keep you from doing it on personal property, hence the reason the bypass itself is not illegal.
  3. WyrTwister

WyrTwister New Member

I just ordered the same Metra 70-2105 harness for a 2008 Silverado WT . Hope it works on mine , too . :)

Thanks ,
    Wyr
    God bless
  4. WyrTwister

WyrTwister New Member

I bought a head end unit off of EBay & hope it arrives today . I plan to install it on a 2008 Silverado . It has XM & On Star , but no Boise .

Glad to hear the Metra 70-2105 worked for you . :) That is the connector I ordered . So , hopefully , it will work for me , too ?

I have also ordered a Zoom

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [h=1]Metra 95-2001 install kit that shows to have side brackets for the HU and a trim ring .[/h]
    Did you need those items , or were the parts that came with your new HU sufficent for you to install it , without an install kit ?

I realize I will loose On Star & XM , but I do not subscribe to them , anyway . And looseing the chimes is not that important to me , either .

Thanks to uou and the forum for the information .

God bless
    Wyr
  5. dboothieb

dboothieb New Member

Hi, so I'm a backyard mechanic new to the internet forum thing and I cut the wires for my stock harness. Wish now I had read this prior but I've never used a harness before and didn't think that there would be a problem. After hooking up the deck it had no power, if someone could help it would be greatly appreciated. There are three wires not in use on the truck side and five deck side, I don't believe the problem is deck side but I could be wrong. Thank you in advance to any advice.
  6. WyrTwister

WyrTwister New Member

What make and model ? Depending on how new it is , you may have lost the warning chimes in the car .

Best I remember , black is chassis ground - . If necessary , run a black to a grounded metal part of the car .

Red and yellow are + . I think yellow is hot all the time & red is got when the ignition switch is on .

If necessary , run a yellow to the fuse block & try to find a spare fuse circuit .

If necessary , run a red to something that is hot when you turn the ignition switch on .

Did you save the connectors you cut off ? Replacements can be ordered from Scosche or Metra .

God bless
    Wyr
  7. pholt34

pholt34 New Member

okay guys I know this is a little off topic here, but I've been reading and dont really see an answer to my question. I have a GM part number 2586 5029with a cat button on it and I'm trying to get it wired up in a Dodge Dakota. Just because I had the radio laying around it came out of my wifes truck. The dark green doesn't seem to be powering up the accessory or the key hot, whatever you want to call it. I've read about the radio having to be compatible with the vehicle's VIN. Is there any way to redneck bypass this so I can get the radio working in my old dakota? any help I can get would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance!