Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

need opinion on leveling kit for 09 gmc 1500

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by gold city, Nov 29, 2009.

1. gold city

gold city New Member

i am wanting to install a leveling kit. there are two types of kits the spacer rings for the top of the coil springs is one and the other is a spacer that bolts to the bottom of the strut. i am wondering if it is safe or even possible to install both kits at once and get more lift in the front. if anyone knows give me ur input. thanks

2. RllyDrvr9

RllyDrvr9 Member

I'm going with a Ready-Lift this coming weekend. I'll have photos in about a week.

3. lsutoms

lsutoms Rockstar 100 Posts

i have a rough country 2" on the bottom and i was wanting to put a 2" on the top also and i talked to a few highly respectable places that put on lift kits and stuff and a few people and they all told me not to do it... they said it would put too much stress on my front end... what size tires are you wanting to fit? Ready Lift makes a 2.25" that says you should fit 33's

http://www.readylift.com/c-122-new-kit-silverado-1500-2007-2010-2wd-4wd-6-lug-225.aspx

i have this rough country lift

http://www.roughcountry.com/chevy_4wd_leveling_kit.html

is a quarter or an inch worth a $200 difference thats up to you... my lift says i should be able to fit 285/70 and i have some 285/70/17's ordered should be on in two days ill post pics and let you know if they rub any

4. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

+1 on the readylift!! Great product:great: