Need Opinions on Camo Wrapping Grille Emblem

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Fonze, May 22, 2012.

1. Fonze

Fonze Member

Eeeeeyyyy! :great:

Fonz here,

Been a while since I was last one here (my apologies) but I wanted to get some opinions from you guys/gals.

I am going to camo wrap my grille emblem to match my interior (Bone Collector seats/wheel) and I have two different types of grille emblems but I am not sure which I want to have wrapped.

I have the OEM emblem (red w/ chrome trim)and a solid black emblem (w/o chrome trim).

sierra17.jpg

I'm not sure whether or not I want the chrome trim around the camo or not.
    I need YOU to help me decide her. :)

Here is a truck with my front end(excluding grille) with a camo emblem w/ chrome trim:
    sierra16b.jpg

2. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If your going to have them done in vinyl just make sure you get at least a 5 year warranty. They will fade...just a matter of when. 3M vinyl is a 5 year warranty. After that your on your own. The only upside to vinyl is you can take it off a redo them.

3. Fonze

Fonze Member

I was going to bring it to a customs shop that does vehicle vinyl wraps probably this weekend.
    I called for a quote and everything and I was told $25 which sounds like a good deal to me.

I will make sure to find out which kind they use but I'm sure it's high quality with a good warrenty since they specialize in vehicle wraps.
    And as of now, I'm more leaning towards doing the OEM emblem with the chrome trim. Mainly becuase, later on down the road in the future, I am thinking about getting maybe Rockstars or Jesters or Ballistics (Machined Black w/chrome accents) and adding some camo accents to them.

For ex: Adding camo to the star on the Rockstars (leaving a chrome trim around it) or adding camo on the red accents on the Jesters, etc.

What do you guys think about that idea?
    And if I go ahead with the mod this weekend, I'll be sure to add pictures Monday!

EDIT: I also need to update the pics in general. My only pic was from when it was on the lot. LOL

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  4. ljmueller

ljmueller Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I did my bowties with some stuff from a company called CamoWraps, really good stuff. They sell a kit that has some smaller pieces about 6"x15", I also helped a buddy but some on his truck, we did the bottom 12" of his whole truck, I'll get some pics tomorrow and put em upso you can see what they look like.

5. dadngt

dadngt Rockstar 100 Posts

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  6. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 Rockstar 100 Posts

Imo i thinks it would look better off without the whole chrome trim on it, just all camo

7. medicmatt

medicmatt Member 100 Posts

Like it with the chrome trim, but that's just me.

8. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I wanna see pics!!

9. Fonze

Fonze Member

UPDATE:

All done fellas!

Here are the final pics!!!

12sierra.jpg 11sierra.jpg 10sierra.jpg

It was $55 total and only took about 45 minutes from my local shop.

I love it! It matches my interior as well!
    ...now I just need MORE CAMO!

So, what do you guys think?

10. ljmueller

ljmueller Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Looks real nice. Nice job. Not sure if you saw these, again, excuse the bugs on the front.

Attached Files: