Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

need opinions

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by drwdominance, Jun 29, 2010.

1. drwdominance

drwdominance Rockstar

Here's the deal. I have an 07 Sierra Classic SLE1500 with 86000kms. I am thinking about an 05 6.6L diesel SLT but it has 225000kms. I tow a 17ft camper trailer quite a bit. I can do this exchange with almost no money out of my pocket. Should I go through with this? Is the diesel worth it? That sure is a lot of kms on the diesel.

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

That is only 139K miles... Those trucks last well into 300K miles or roughly 490,000kms, a Diesel does get better economy, but it costs a bit more for fuel filters, and oil changes. However with a 17ft trailer that isnt even going to bother a Diesel, where you most likely notice it behind your Sierra. However your truck has a lot of mods, and only has 53K miles.. Sorry about having to do the conversion but that is how i made sense in my head. I guess i would look at the book value of these trucks and compare.. Also if the diesel is well taken care of and in great shape but completely stock i would try for an even trade.
    And the Diesel is equipped the same as yours right??

3. drwdominance

drwdominance Rockstar

The diesel is only missing the sunroof. BUT......

It has dual exhaust, lifted 6", 35" tires, leather, LED tails.

It just kinda feels like I'm downgrading because it's an older truck with more mileage. I will take a look at it and see how I feel.

Oh yeah,
    I have only had my truck for about 9 months but I drove my dad's diesel home from Florida (22hrs) and after that drive I said if I could get a straight exchange then I would do it cause I loved it that much. I couldn't believe how much better the diesel was on fuel.

---------- Post added at 06:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

here[​IMG] she is

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010