1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need opinions?!!

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Cheez, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Cheez

Cheez Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

So about 20 minutes in photoshop and I came up with a few things I may eventually try to my truck. Any (good) opinions would be appreciated.

I'm considering painting my bowtie (since it's been raped by rocks anyway)

White to match the truck.
    [​IMG]

Black to break up the white.
    [​IMG]

I'm also considering smoking my tail-lights a bit.
    [​IMG]

And finally I'm still considering debadging the tail gate.
    [​IMG]

Also what do you guys think of the mirrors? I just finished painting them the other day.
    [​IMG]
  2. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

If it were me, I'd go with the white bowtie & leave the tail lights alone. You might as well de-badge the tailgate since you already did the sides. Mirrors look good too.

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

Nice pictures, by the way! :great:
  3. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

If you decide to tint the tails I would paint the bowtie black, otherwise go white. I think finishing off the debadging would look nice too.
  4. BravoGolfTango

BravoGolfTango Rockstar

Black one looks good, white seems a bit rainbow.
  5. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

Haha, I don't remember white being a color of the rainbow! ROY G. BIV, right? (I know what you meant:rofl:) I think the white would match well, and besides, everybody & their grandma is driving around with a black bowtie. Be a little different.
  6. BravoGolfTango

BravoGolfTango Rockstar

lol...just being mischevious killing time before my meeting. The white is ok actually, just think the black looks cool really, especially if it was done professionally with real automotive black epoxy and clear gloss epoxy (not rattlecaned), the deepness of the black paint is what would set it apart. Black wheels would look cool against the white truck as well. Blackouts...ehhh...that's one of those things that look ok on some colors, not sure against the white.
  7. Cheez

Cheez Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Lol I don't think black wheels are anywhere in my future since I had to kill 4 hobos to get the wheels I have now.

I think I like the white bowtie better but the only thing is that it doesn't really stand out against the chrome divider too well... But i'm pretty sure the badges are coming off. 1. They don't match 2. Everybody knows what the truck is already 3. There is a nice coat of wax around them that I can't get out.
  8. BravoGolfTango

BravoGolfTango Rockstar

Therefore Young Grasshoppa you already know your destiny, we were but a mere confirmation of what thoust already knew.

No but really, the white and chrome, you're right, that's what makes it kind of tough, didn't snap to that. I'm all for "we don't need no stinking badges" and stuff, but which badges? The tailgate badges? Those are some very nice wheels btw. :great:
  9. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

White is the absense of color!
  10. TexasEdition

TexasEdition Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I like the blacked out lights.