1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need opinions?!!

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Cheez, Jan 5, 2011.

1. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Smoked tails look bad ass on light colored trucks, and black will probably "pop" more as far as the bow tie goes. Leave the badging for now, I think it looks better since you left the side moldings on.

Truck looks good, I think clear headlights would make it look even better.
  2. Cheez

Cheez Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

The smoked tails are still under consideration. I've used VHT on an Eclipse I used to have but after a few months it turns purple, and if I did smoke them I would have to find some LED bulbs.... Safety First!

As for the bowtie here's an idea...
    [​IMG]
  3. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

That looks good...as far as VHT goes, I've had mine done since March and it's been parked outside the entire time-no color change at all, probably needs a little clear coat touch up but thats all.
  4. Cheez

Cheez Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Yeah and if it's on stock chevy lights they're red. My eclipse lights were clear with a red LED for the lights... Either way I don't think the black lights would go good with my chrome/white theme.
  5. Z71silverado

Z71silverado New Member

Bowtie white for sure, tails go either way, tailgate debadge it
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Nice recommendation on a white bowtie.
  7. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

nice thread resurrection steve! for once it wasnt me
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I wanted to see how many threads there were on bowtie color change projects. Answer? Lots with hundreds of thousands of views combined.