1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need opinions!!!!

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Z71FTW, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Z71FTW

Z71FTW New Member

okay so i just got done de-bagging my truck i took of everything including the z71 sticker, after doing it and some further harassing from my mom who said i shouldn't have taken the z71 sticker off because its like a badge of honor or something like that, so my question is should i just leave it all black and clean or should i buy some z71 stickers to put back on and if i do buy them should i get the origional or a camo one so let me know what you think i want EVERYONES! opinion

thanks

zach
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

Look at my lastest photo album. You can see my black Z-71 is debadged and door moldings removed. Leave the Z-71 stickers off for awhile, you can always put them on later ( to keep mom happy LOL).
  3. 98Hotrod98

98Hotrod98 New Member

So you took the z71 stickers off today,, and you want to know if you should put them back on?:rofl:

I personally like them on.
  4. silveradotrailblazer

I have to confess. My passenger side Z-71 decal was removed when I had to have that side repainted after some rocks bounced off a dump truck ( CRAP). The drivers side is still on. I can't make up my mind. This was 5 years ago that the side got repainted. LOL. I have the decal in my workshop. I am leaning torwards removing the other decal.
  5. Z71FTW

Z71FTW New Member

thanks guys for the opinions i think i might just buy some just incase i ever decide to put them on, but which one should i buy the origional or a camo one

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

so you took off the bottom trim to i thought it was a pain in the ass to get the sticky stuff off the other emblems, does the trim have that stuff too? how did you remove that bottom trim?
  6. silveradotrailblazer

The door moldings are on with two sided 3M tape. You just pull the moldings off. 3M makes a eraser wheel to take the two sided tape off, it goes in a battery drill or air die grinder. Most auto parts stores can get you the 3M eraser wheel. There not expensive.
  7. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts

I think the color of your truck has a bearing on whether to get the camo ones Zach. The camo might not look good on some colors, but that's your personal prefrence. If your mom's making the payments on your truck put them back on & keep her happy
  8. Z71FTW

Z71FTW New Member

haha very true but its completely paid for now and all mine so ill do what i want in the end but its a black truck, ill probably just stick with the origional color and wait to put it back on for awhile but thanks man
  9. GMClone

GMClone New Member

You should get some magnetic Z71 decals! Then you can take them on/off whenever you want. Put them on when your mom is around, take them off when you want to be stealthy about your off-road capabilities, put them back on when other chicks who dig Z71's are around. :)

BTW I just made that up about the magnetic decals... I have no idea where you could get them although I'm sure you can order about anything on a magnet if you search online. I was just kidding though.