Need part number help

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Pikey, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The guy that installed the intermediate shaft on my truck messed up the clock spring. 4 weeks later I have a service air bag light. I need to get a new clock spring but the dealer wants $575. If I can get the GM part number then I hope I can find it cheaper. The dealer would not give me the number. I know that I have to get a certain one because I have steering wheel controls for the radio and DIC. If any one that works in a parts department can help my out I would really appreciate it. My vin is 1GKFK16Z25J115561. thanks

2. dipstick

dipstick Member 2 Years 100 Posts

26088118 gm part#

1 person likes this.
  3. Pikey

Sweet! Thank you very much!

4. Pikey

After checking that number I discovered that the number a SIR coil on a truck without steering wheel controls. My dad is a GM employee and called the parts warehouse with my vin #. They gave me 26101829 as the part I need.

5. Pikey

The dealer was charging $579 for the part. I was able to have my dad get it for me thru the GM employee parts warehouse program for $329. What a ridiculous mark up the dealers are doing. No wonder no one will buy parts from them unless they have to.