1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need part number help

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Pikey, Aug 14, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The guy that installed the intermediate shaft on my truck messed up the clock spring. 4 weeks later I have a service air bag light. I need to get a new clock spring but the dealer wants $575. If I can get the GM part number then I hope I can find it cheaper. The dealer would not give me the number. I know that I have to get a certain one because I have steering wheel controls for the radio and DIC. If any one that works in a parts department can help my out I would really appreciate it. My vin is 1GKFK16Z25J115561. thanks
  2. dipstick

dipstick New Member 100 Posts

26088118 gm part#
    1 person likes this.
  3. Pikey

Sweet! Thank you very much!
  4. Pikey

After checking that number I discovered that the number a SIR coil on a truck without steering wheel controls. My dad is a GM employee and called the parts warehouse with my vin #. They gave me 26101829 as the part I need.
  5. Pikey

The dealer was charging $579 for the part. I was able to have my dad get it for me thru the GM employee parts warehouse program for $329. What a ridiculous mark up the dealers are doing. No wonder no one will buy parts from them unless they have to.