Need some advice on Flowmaster

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by SmokeU, Apr 29, 2010.

1. SmokeU

SmokeU Rockstar 100 Posts

So I finally got a job and am now looking at maybe purchasing that new exhaust system I have always been wanting and was hoping I could get some recommendations or some system that aren't to horribly expensive ($8 an hour☺)

The three systems I was allready looking at were these:

those are just a few I was looking at and there are others so please list up what ever you got

and yeah I will shop around the internet for some cheaper prices first :)

(Specs are: 2004 Silverado 1500, 5.3L V8, stranded cab, short bed)

Thanks in advance for opinions and help :great:

2. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

My favorite is option number 2. I really like flowmaster and an exhaust that exits on each side at the rear.

3. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I really like the 1st one. I just like the look of pipes before the tires.

4. SmokeU

I like the 1st one as well I just wonder how far those tips come out from the side and if it would look goofy or not

and yeah I agree with you Junkie, the pipes that come straight out the back tend to look weired if you don't have your truck lowered

5. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

i like option #2.

go check out http://carguydeals.com/ they sometimes have specials on magnaflow & flowmasters via amazon.com. good luck and happy shopping.

6. SmokeU

yeah I saw #3 on amazon last night for like $250 being sold by magnaflow but there was only one left and now its gone. Now its being sold by some dealer for $566.83

I have another question? how much do you think a custom true dual job might cost?

7. c_m_chance

c_m_chance Rockstar 100 Posts

I'm actually doing a custom true dual on my truck right now. I bought an X-Pipe for $20 and two Hooker MaxFlow mufflers for $67.99 a piece from Jegs. So that's about $160 for parts. Then, this next week (probably Wednesday) I'm gonna have it all installed for $160 with exits out the back.

So in the end, 100% true dual WITH an X-Pipe for about $320 to $350.

Doing things on your own and not buying the full kits is definitely the way to go. Don't buy a full kit if you're trying to save money. Buy all the parts that you want and either install them yourself to really save money, or find a local muffler shop that will install them for relatively cheap.

8. SmokeU

Well this has been a huge amount of help and I would like to thank those so far that have posted :)

9. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

No problem. we're always glad to give some advice to open ears.

10. carson790

carson790 New Member

i like/ have number two! i love the sound and look of them behind each rear tire.