1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need some advice on Flowmaster

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by SmokeU, Apr 29, 2010.

1. SmokeU

SmokeU New Member

So I finally got a job and am now looking at maybe purchasing that new exhaust system I have always been wanting and was hoping I could get some recommendations or some system that aren't to horribly expensive ($8 an hour☺)

The three systems I was allready looking at were these:

those are just a few I was looking at and there are others so please list up what ever you got

and yeah I will shop around the internet for some cheaper prices first :)

(Specs are: 2004 Silverado 1500, 5.3L V8, stranded cab, short bed)

Thanks in advance for opinions and help :great:
  2. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie New Member

My favorite is option number 2. I really like flowmaster and an exhaust that exits on each side at the rear.
  3. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member 1000 Posts

I really like the 1st one. I just like the look of pipes before the tires.
  4. SmokeU

SmokeU New Member

I like the 1st one as well I just wonder how far those tips come out from the side and if it would look goofy or not

and yeah I agree with you Junkie, the pipes that come straight out the back tend to look weired if you don't have your truck lowered
  5. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle New Member 1000 Posts

i like option #2.

go check out http://carguydeals.com/ they sometimes have specials on magnaflow & flowmasters via amazon.com. good luck and happy shopping.
  6. SmokeU

SmokeU New Member

yeah I saw #3 on amazon last night for like $250 being sold by magnaflow but there was only one left and now its gone. Now its being sold by some dealer for $566.83

I have another question? how much do you think a custom true dual job might cost?
  7. c_m_chance

c_m_chance New Member

I'm actually doing a custom true dual on my truck right now. I bought an X-Pipe for $20 and two Hooker MaxFlow mufflers for $67.99 a piece from Jegs. So that's about $160 for parts. Then, this next week (probably Wednesday) I'm gonna have it all installed for $160 with exits out the back.

So in the end, 100% true dual WITH an X-Pipe for about $320 to $350.

Doing things on your own and not buying the full kits is definitely the way to go. Don't buy a full kit if you're trying to save money. Buy all the parts that you want and either install them yourself to really save money, or find a local muffler shop that will install them for relatively cheap.
  8. SmokeU

SmokeU New Member

Well this has been a huge amount of help and I would like to thank those so far that have posted :)
  9. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member 1000 Posts

No problem. we're always glad to give some advice to open ears.
  10. carson790

carson790 New Member

i like/ have number two! i love the sound and look of them behind each rear tire.