Need some advice

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by 7 point, Jan 22, 2011.

1. 7 point

7 point New Member

Ok last Sunday we had some snow here in Arkansas(it was bad for us here in the south) and I ended up in a wreck and totalled my 99 Silverado 4x4. She was the first new vehicle I've ever owned and never let me down. So now I'm looking for a new truck.My old girl had 285 65 16 tires and liked the stance pretty good,I had the torsion bars cranked when I bought the tires. Now I'm looking at either a Sierra or Silverado crew cab Z71. I was thinking 5.3 but now maybe the 6.2.Also I can have a factory installed leveling kit pit on the Sierra probaly the Chevy as well,I didn't ask cause the salesman was ticking me off. Whats the biggest tire I can put on there with a 2 inch leveling kit? I saw another guy on here that went with the 4.5 suspension lift and had the 295 size tires on there and looks sweet so I may go that route if I can't get enuff with the leveling kit. I would appercaite any comments y'all have.

2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Almost all leveling kits allow for the use of 33" tires, and any lift over 4" or more should be able to fit 295's.

3. 1bdtrk

1bdtrk New Member

Wow man sorry to hear about your truck, On the NBS you can definatly run 295's with a level kit.I have the 5.3 and i think the engine has great power. I hope you have a great experence shopping for the new girl. Post pics when you get the new rig.

4. 2smug

2smug Former Member

sorry about your truck!