need some fog lights

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by reggiecab2000, Oct 20, 2010.

1. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

hey guys,
    im lookin for a complete set of fog lights from the housings to all of the mounting hardware and wiring to fit on a 2000 silverado. my silverado came without foglights. if you know of any place that sells them and they are good quality please let me know. also i already have an HID kit to put in them :) so please let me know of any good deals
    thanks!

2. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Your best bet would be eBay or a scrap yard... BUt good luck with trying to get a complete witing harness... It would be easier just to get the housings and the mounting hardware and just make your own wiring harness...

3. reggiecab2000

what would i need to mke my own wiring harness?

4. TritonBoulder47

A switch, a relay and some wire... It's not hard...

Fused power from battery to relay.
    Relay output to fog lights
    Switched power from fuse box to switch
    Switch to realy trigger

5. reggiecab2000

well your right. that sounds easier than i thought. that all sounds good and simple but what would i use to connect the wire to the foglight plug? would i have to order that connector?

6. TritonBoulder47

Nope, just take the plug with you when you get one from the scrap yard... Or you should be able to pick pne up at a parts store...

7. reggiecab2000

thank you for your help :)

8. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

GM sells a fog light kit. I posted in another thread with a write-up from another website. I believe it has the part number and everything in it. It was only a couple months ago so you could probably search my name for posts or just look through either the Electrical section or the aftermarket section.

9. reggiecab2000

i looked through your posts for that but didnt see anything. however, i saw the gmpartsclub.com and gmpartsdirect.com websites and followed them but it shows no results for the fog lights. do you think you could send that link to me that you posted then? thanks

10. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107242&page=5

Thats the write up and the link to it.