1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

need some Headlight help, having issue

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by reachinghigher4u, Mar 11, 2011.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. reachinghigher4u

reachinghigher4u New Member

Just got into our 1999 GMC K1500 Sierra SLT and the headlights were off but the blue hi-beam indicator was on and buzzing. By buzzing I mean the same noise you hear warning you that you left your lights on while engine off/door open.

I turned the lights on and the noise stopped but there are no headlights...high or low beams. No running lights but parking and turns work.

Could it be fuses, relay...? Any suggestions would help for me to look at. We've been hit with another snow storm so I'm checking online to get good starting points before trying to screw around in the cold, with no garage and it getting dark outside. I just bought this truck couple weeks ago, last we used it was Tuesday to pull home our new camper. Everything worked fine then.:confused:

I appreciate the help folks!

2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

sorry I cant help. but this will help keep it towards the top of the todays post page.

3. reachinghigher4u

ok... after checking fuses, relays and replacing the switch... still no headlights. Anyone?

4. reachinghigher4u

still looking for some help on this

5. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Not sure about the noise issue.

However, the headlights maybe do to a bad switch.

I had put a higher wattage set of lights in my truck, and have had to replace the switch several times.

6. reachinghigher4u

already tried two different switches... no luck

7. reachinghigher4u

issue resolved

There was a short in the headlight wiring. $263 later and headlights are functioning normally.