1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need some help...Fan questions.

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by bigdogdaddy, Jul 13, 2010.

1. bigdogdaddy

bigdogdaddy New Member

So, I got my 94 Blazer, and was going to replace my fan with an electric one. Well, I found one on ebay and after 2 weeks, the seller contacted me and UPS broke the fan. He said that he had a 12", (the one i originally bought was 16") that he would ship to me for half the price. I got it, and am looking now, and I'm thinking that its NOT going to be big enough. Anyone got any advice? Its an 80w puller fan, and I live in North Carolina and run the A/C A LOT. Before I tackle this, should I just get another fan, or will this one be big enough, which I highly doubt it is.
  2. wis bang

wis bang New Member 100 Posts

I remember people using junkyard E fans from a Ford Taurus w/ a relay and an e-fan controller w/ the probe thru the rad fins. The biggest thing is to retain most of the shroud...helps direct the airflow.
  3. hundojoe

hundojoe New Member 100 Posts

Get the fan assembly out of any LT1 or LS1 powered camaro or firebird/trans am. They are a dual fan setup, The larger fan for when your not running the ac and the second smaller fan when you turn on the ac, so both fans will run when the ac is turned on. And it should be close the the correct with for your radiator.
  4. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Yeah a Taurus fan is the Highest CFM of the easy to get elec. fans. They are a dual fan, and easiest to wire up. You will want to get a set from a 3.8L V-6 taurus since that is the largest fan set up. So I would try to get your money back or just bite the bullet, and got the junk yard.. There is a write up on there here on the site.. Including the relays and the how to on the wiring. Fairly easy.