Need some help/suggestions

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by HFD525, May 19, 2012.

1. HFD525

HFD525 Member

I am wanting to get some leds for my dome lights and fog lights. I wanna get more leds for corner lights and tails. What would you use? I don't really want to spend a whole lot on a complete taillight assembly. I would rather just use the bulbs and keep factory housing. Any input is welcome. I wanna get started on the project soon, and am very excited to do it.

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I like the Putco kit for the dome light. I've tried several and it's the brightest of the bunch. The map lights that come with it are crappy, though, so plan to toss them or replace them with better comparable 194's.

Cree 5W bulbs for backup lights are a popular choice and I'd recommend them. [MENTION=53354]AMac[/MENTION] may be able to give you suggestions on other replacement bulbs for signals and tails. I strongly recommend researching a LED-compatible flasher module (Tridon makes one for NBS; not sure for NNBS) if you plan to replace all of your turn signals, as it's a 10-min, drop-in replacement that spares you from having to do load resistors ... and costs about the same as if you were doing 4 load resistors (without you having to do any wiring/splicing).

3. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Just ordered LED's for all my stuff. Check these guys out AMac told me about themhttp://store.ijdmtoy.com. Got some good prices too. They can handle any and all your LED replacement bulb needs. Good luck keep me posted.:sign0021:

4. 2k8z71

2k8z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

I just bought some dome lights from iJDMToy and so far they are great. They had a choice between white, blue and red. They hooked them all up so I could see the color output on them. Eventually I went with the white ones. I originally went in for some Cree reverse bulbs but they didn't have the correct size. They let me try another size which worked but didn't want to risk having problems due to the wrong size. iJDM is a great company to get bulbs from. I have always went into their store so I don't know what their shipping turn around is like. They even sell LED tail lights, projector kits and everything you could possibly think of.

5. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I've gone with superbrightleds.com before ordering two as their name implies really bright type 194 LEDs for my map lights. A little on the $$ side though but I couldn't be happier with what I got.

Next is to order a LED dome light once I have my door switches replaced/fixed.

6. 2k8z71

2k8z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

Yeah. I got almost all of the lights that are easy to get to. Once I get my tail lights done and reverse lights swapped for the Cree ones, I will be more or less done with lighting. No plans to do the cluster or any of the switches or anything.

7. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I'm planning on doing the cluster lights to cool whites in the future will probably by the sockets tomorrow and then the lights over the next week if I can't find some on fleabay