1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need some help with tires please!

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by WSD1975, Dec 7, 2009.

1. WSD1975

WSD1975 New Member

I just bought a 2008 Silverado crew cab 4X4 with factory 20" rims. Does any one know what the biggest tires I can put on this truck with out it rubbing?

Thanks in advance for the help.
  2. TBAG1

TBAG1 New Member

Dont know off top of my head, but you can go to tirerack.com
    should be able to find the answer there.

Hope this helps.
  3. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member 1000 Posts

4. Tuxster

Tuxster New Member

I just purchased a 2008 Silverado with 20" rims and GY Eagle LS-2 tires. I need to replace the tires as well and am on the fence choosing another tire.

What have you ended up with for a tire selection?

I am looking at either a set of
    LT285/55R20 BF Goodrich AT KO
    P275/55R20 Bridgestone Revo AT
    LT305/55R20 GY Duratrac - I don't normally look towards GoodYear but these tires are impressive but not sure if they will fit ok.

Mike
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  5. extibra09

extibra09 New Member

Need some help with tires please

Quick question, Im not good at this, my 98 civic stock tire size is 185 65 R14. I bought some Konig rims and tires, size 195 60 R15. They are slightly taller than stock and has lifted the car just noticably. What tire size would I need in a 15 inch to match the height of the original tires & bring the car lower to where it was?
  6. Duncan_Z71

Duncan_Z71 New Member

i would go with 285 which is a 33.
    its a 32.8.

and BFGs is where i would get them from.
  7. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL New Member 1000 Posts

:neutral:195-50 / R15............but you are in a CHEVY/GMC Truck FORUM :rofl:
  8. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

i know i got a 1.5" leveling kit and i put 305/55/r20 and the would rub when i would cut the wheel
  9. Tuxster

Tuxster New Member

The 305 I think are 12" and I read somewhere to stay below 11.5" to avoid that problem or change rims. Thats good to know I appreciate your answer.

I think I have it narrowed down to 2.

BF Goodrich LT285/55R20 AT KO
    Michelin LTX AT/2 LT285/55R20

I like the agressive look of the BFG but after driving a Rubicon Jeep with MT's for 3 yrs I am looking for some piece and quiet with the Silverado.
  10. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL New Member 1000 Posts

The michelin are the way to go if u want quiet & smothness !!!!!!