1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need some help..

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Klutch Mclovin, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Klutch Mclovin

Klutch Mclovin Rockstar 100 Posts

When I was removing my body molding from my truck, I put some adhesive remover to get rid of the glue. It said it was safe on automobiles and when I used it, it removed splotches of paint near the glue. Its only a couple of splotches the size of half dollar, but its still noticeable what should I do? I was thinking of getting some duplicolor color match paint, some duplicolor primer, and clearcoat. Prime it first, use the color match paint, and then put a clear coat on it, but not quite sure how it will turn out.
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Can you post some pictures? Also if you do it yourself and it doesn't work out then get it painted by a paint shop.
  3. Klutch Mclovin

I will post some pictures tomorrow. Its not incredibly noticeable because my truck is two tone and is tan on the bottom. It just looks crappy when your near the truck.
  4. silveradotrailblazer

I wonder if that door was ever repainted?
  5. Klutch Mclovin

It wasn't repainted, The splotches are kinda like a silver/gray color.
  6. silveradotrailblazer

Just for other members, use a adhesive remover that is made for automotive paint only. Some do all removers say they can be use on automotive paint but they are harsh. I use 3M automotive adhesive remover after I used a 3M eraser wheel to remove the large pieces of glue and tape. You can find these products at most auto parts stores.
  7. Klutch Mclovin

I have went to a couple of places for the eraser wheel and they look at me like I'm an idiot.
  8. silveradotrailblazer

If you can find a auto parts store that sells alot of paint and body supplies they SHOULD know what your talking about.
  9. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Those places where you went looking for an 3M Eraser Wheel....They're the.....Idiot's!!!......you could also try your Local Hardware Store for the 3M wheel.
  10. Klutch Mclovin

I just looked on Advanced Auto Parts and O'Riley's websites and in other locations it said it was in stock, but the location near me it said to call to see if it is in stock. I will find out tomorrow.