1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need Some Ideas

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by 95chevyguy, Mar 12, 2007.

1. 95chevyguy

95chevyguy New Member

I got a 95 chevy K1500 with a 5.7 and its got the stock quadrajet on it and i am trying to get some ideas on different carbs and dual exhaust that people have tried and found out that they work and sound good.
  2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

huh....a '95 with a stock quadra-jet carb. That's a new one on me. in '95 the engines were all TBI. Someone swap engines on that rig before you got it?
  3. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I was going to say the same thing.
  4. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I agree if you care about gas mileage and eco don't touch TBI. (Or go with new intake and fuelly and get LOCO). Exhaust and breather stuff might be a less expensive and more eco. Maybe some mild tranny shift kit. Easier on the wallet...Ya have more fun when your wallets fatter :biggrin:
  5. 95chevyguy

95chevyguy New Member

to be honest i just got the truck and i do not know if the engine was changed i have not went crawling through it to check and see what all it has or dont have i only took a quick glance and with where i live i do not have to worry about emissions or anything like that and i only live like 5 miles from work so i am not to worried about the mileage.
  6. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Cool!:cool: Gotta love it when you don't have too many restrictions that will hold you back from really having some fun with your truck!!!
  7. 84fiero123

Clarksville, we lived in Shelbyville for 5 years.

Hell you guys don't even need a safety inspection, or insurance.

Check the options plate in the glove box, it will have every option installed at the factory. Then you will know if the motor has been changed.

I think the only thing I miss about TN was not having to have vehicles inspected. On the down side it made for some real scary driving. You could be driving down the road and the guy in front of you would be loosing parts.
  8. 95chevyguy

95chevyguy New Member

well i looked at it and it has the tbi engine in it. well we dont really have to many restrictions out here although i do have to keep insuance on my truck the army requires me too. to be honest even if everyone had brand new vehicles it would still be some really scary driving because the main road to and from work is 41-A which i do believe is the second most deadly road in the us i know when i first came to fort campbell it was the first.
  9. 84fiero123

You can get the 2 injectors cleaned or buy new ones to give you more power.
  10. 95chevyguy

95chevyguy New Member

ok so just run like some z max injector cleaner through it or would a little bit bigger injectors work also i got to looking into it and i found a blueprinted intake system from edelrock it has a little bit bigger injectors and everything. also would a better ignition system help boost the power a little bit if so does it need to be used in conjunction with a new computer chip also?