Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Need some ideas

Discussion in 'Programmers & Tuning' started by HFD525, May 30, 2012.

1. HFD525

HFD525 Member

I plan on getting a programmer for my 2012 SIlverado 1500 5.3 What would you get if you were me getting one? I have no specific one in mind just looking for some ideas on what to lean towards

2. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Either the diablosport intune or predator. both great products but the intune has more bells and whistles.

3. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

Actually, for your truck, the Diablosport Trinity is really what you'd want...

the Trinity has the tcm/tranny support and the tranny changes are nice. quicker, firmer shifts, you can adjust the shift points, firmness, etc.. it has much better data logging... has a windshield mount (like a gps), a bigger, color touch screen so it's easier to go through while it's mounted... you can watch/view the data without having to hold it, since it's mounted to the windshield... there's also an available gauge pod mount adapter for it, so if you have a gauge pod like on your a-pillar, you could mount it right in there with the pod mount... the Trinity will also get an update in the future that will allow you tune more than one vehicle at a time with it...

But, the inTune will also work for your truck, and will be getting an update for it in the near future that will let you change/adjust tcm/tranny parameters as well... but right now, the inTune does not have tcm/tranny support.

as for the difference between the two... I actually have both the inTune and Trinity for my car... engine tune wise, the tunes are the same. but, the Trinity has the tcm/tranny support and the tranny changes are nice. quicker, firmer shifts, you can adjust the shift points, firmness, etc.. the inTune does not have tcm/tranny support yet - but it is supposed to be getting an update in the near future that will add it. I also like the Trinity better for data logging - the logging is better, and since it has a windshield mount (like a gps), a bigger, color screen, so it's easier to go through while it's mounted... you can watch/view the data without having to hold it, since it's mounted to the windshield... there's also an available gauge pod mount adapter for it, so if you have a gauge pod like on your a-pillar, you could mount it right in there with the pod mount... the inTune does not have a mount, so you have to hold it or put it on the seat next to you, it's a little harder to figure out and find where the parameters are to log, etc... the Trinity will also get an update in the future that will allow you tune more than one vehicle at a time with it... again, these are MY personal preferences... other people like the smaller intune better (it's the size of a credit card), and having to hold it or lay it on the seat may be no big deal to them... but for me, for my own personal preferences, I like the Trinity better...

So really, it's up to you :)

I sell both the inTune and Trinity programmers, and I also offer a package deal for them that includes my custom tuning at a reduced rate, so you'd save money. Here's info:

inTune:
    http://www.diablewtune.com/intune_deal.html

Trinity:
    http://www.diablewtune.com/package_deal.html

With the custom tune, you'll gain even better/quicker throttle response & acceleration, stronger/harder pull, smoother & quicker power delivery throughout the rpms, etc... and sometimes, maybe even a little better gas mileage - if you can keep your foot out of it! hahaha...

and I wouldn't bother with the predator - they are being phased out.. the inTune is the replacement for the predator....

4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

As I only datalog for custom tunes ... and only custom tune when I have new mods for which I need to account, the predator is what I own. I considered the Trinity but I didn't need its bells/whistles. HOWEVER, if my NBS 04 Sierra were supported by the InTune that's what I would own. Sadly, the InTunes only support 07 and newer vehicles.

If you plan to constantly dink with the tuning on your truck ... or need tuning for multiple vehicles then the Trinity is probably the right fit. If you only tune as necessary (like I do) ... the InTune is probably the right fit. I strongly recommend Diablosport and a custom tune, as a custom tune will allow you to get the most out of your tuner ... compared to a canned tune that's on a handheld programmer. Every truck is, after all, slightly different ... and a custom tune lets you account for those differences and get the most out of your tune.

Surreal

P.S. I'm very happy with my Diablew tune(s); Lew has been great to work with.

5. 06MonteSS

actually... the inTune does now support your truck man ;) update was put out last week for it... all the older GM class2 vehicles are now supported by the inTune... so if you're interested in one, let me know... ;)

the inTune now supports all of the GM vehicles that the predators do...

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  6. SurrealOne

That's interesting news and good to know. Any issue with existing my tune on it?

7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

the price point on the trinity is a bit of a ouch for me, but the intune, i may get that sooner vs. later.....

Alex

8. 06MonteSS

yes, it won't work on the inTune... I'll have to recreate it for ya from the new tune files saved by the intune... no biggie... ;)

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

cool, sounds good man... let me know... ;)

9. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

sure will. maybe sometime this summer once the wife and i get the hospital bills payed.

Alex

10. SurrealOne

Any functionality loss?