Need some ideas

Discussion in 'Programmers & Tuning' started by HFD525, May 30, 2012.

1. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

nope... could even be some gain, since the tune templates have been updated since we did your tune last I think - and there are some additional parameters that have been added in the newer tune templates... what's your email and I can look up your files on my PC....

2. CobraAviTek

CobraAviTek Member

Do these tuners have to stay plugged into the truck in order for them to work? I've never used one and don't know so I thought I'd ask. I know you leave them in to monitor things and look at what is actually going on in real time with your truck, but honestly, I'd rather just install a tune, unplug it and go. This can be done with a couple other programmers but I haven't been able to find if it can be done with the Diablo tuners. For me it's a huge selling point. I don't want to set something on the seat, and I don't want to have another guage sitting on my dash or pillar.

3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Regarding the Predator, you plug it in, load your tune, and then unplug. Not sure about the other two.

4. 06MonteSS

no, none of them have to stay plugged in... mine sits on a shelf in my desk, heh....

the only time you HAVE to connect it to the vehicle, is when you're flashing/installing a tune to it, or when recording a data log, or when scanning for/clearing trouble codes... that's it... other than that, you can unplug it and keep it wherever you like... ;)

5. CobraAviTek

CobraAviTek Member

Thanks for the reply. My truck runs really great right now, but I've been thinking about researching something that was affordable that might make it run a little better. I'll keep that in mind, now it's time to start a new stash of savings to get one.

6. jinsei

jinsei New Member

Apologies for responding to this thread but I also want to ask if these programmers are very easy to use. A friend of mine suggested to use a tune on my Silverado but it’s also my first time to use it.

7. 06MonteSS

yes, they're not that hard to use... plenty of help/support available on the diablosport forum, as well as from me personally... they have a touchscreen interface... full user manuals are available for download on diablo's website - which you can download and check out if you want... plus when it comes to the custom tuning, I have step-by-step info/instructions that I've written up... so no worries... ;)