1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need some ideas

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by rileyjr16, Jul 29, 2012.

1. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Ok guys and girls; out of shear boredom tonight I have decided to come out and do some things on the truck.

#1 was remove the LED strips from the doors, easy peasy lemon squeezy

#2 Removal and replacing the overhead console with one from later year truck (05 Chevrolet)

This is the one I took down, the #1 is pointing to a now large rectangular hole in the headliner where the back locks in.

2008-05-09_205702_2000-Silverado-Overhead-Console-Extended.jpg

This is what I replaced it with. Far too short to cover up the now large hole in the headliner.

$(KGrHqVHJ!0E8+klowoCBPT8H7qUsg~~60_35.jpg

Right now I have 2 choices that I know of,
    1) Get a new headliner (almost needed) for a later model truck
    2) install something big enough to fit, look flush, and work right.

Anyone got any ideas?

*The space measures in at 6 1/2Wx3 1/4L*
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  2. rileyjr16

Was thinking about a DVD player to stick there but it won't sit as flush as I'd like.
  3. silverbike9

silverbike9 New Member

Cut a chey emblem out of plexiglass white or colored . get a flat led put it in the hole and hook it to the dome light . Use double sided tape to put the emblem up and run the tape all around edge so it acts as a boarder
  4. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Disco ball
  5. rileyjr16

Funny you should say that [MENTION=56140]McClintoc[/MENTION]...my girlfriend said that today :lol:
  6. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Hang a GMTC calender over it. They should be out by the time you get out of boot camp.:sign0020:
  7. rileyjr16

:gasp:
    :lol: