1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Need some insight...reduced engine power and SES light in 4wd Low

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by lube70, Jan 17, 2013.

1. lube70

lube70 Member

OK guys and girls, I was down the Jersey shore doing dunes recovery and reconstruction and had my 06 silverado on the beach,. Reduced the tire pressure to 12 psi and was in 4wd hi. Got kinda stuck and went into 4wd low. Upon trying to get out of the sand, the engine light came on the DIC said reduced engine power. Car felt like it was running on 2 cylinders..No power. Swithced to 4wd hi and even 2wd and nothing. Thought I was stuck.

Then shut truck off, started again and put in 4wd still nothing. Shut again and restarted in 4wd hi and all was ok.

Is this a thing for 4wd low ? never encountered this. Guess it protects the drivetrain?

Any info appreciated.

Don

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Nope, not a thing in 4 low. I would take it to a parts store and have them read what code was set when the Engine light came on. There have been reported issues with the Throttle body and throttle body wiring for that year truck. It causes the reduced power message. Give the wire a pull at the throttle body connector and see if any of the runner stretches. If so you found your broken wire.