1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need some mod suggestions

Discussion in 'Chevy Captiva Sport Forum (Saturn Vue)' started by Camaro69car, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member

Well I've got a few plans for this truck... Let me know what you think.

1. In the trunk, I am planning on doing an aftermarket sub that will blend into the stock plastic just to give it a little more boom. Probably a 10" with about 600w going to it. Box will be fiberglass. I still need to use the trunk for various things so I cant afford anything too radical.

2. Definitely some lighting upgrades. I already have HID Hi-Beams but I'm just looking for more light. (DDM 3000k 35w fogs coming soon). I have heard that HID's will start flickering with DRL's so IDK about the headlights.

3. The audio in the Captiva is actually pretty good stock, Just would like a little more boom.

4. Exhaust. Not too sure what would sound good on a 3.0 SIDI. I have 2 mufflers on it now, one by the rear passenger seat, and one in the very back that splits it into duals. My plan 2.5" pipe from the rear axle back with a Y pipe to keep my duals. and keep my stock setup if it sounds good. If not, I'll probably go with a Cherry Bomb or Magnaflow, maybe even a Borla. You never know.

Anything that I'm missing or you think would be cool let me know.
  2. silverhobey

silverhobey Member

can't think of any suggested Mods right now....looks like you have great plans already !!!
    Brian from Canada:sign0173:
  3. ajarman

ajarman New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I am guessing that "first" muffler you see is actually a resonator and not a muffler. If you want to try it out, you can delete the resonator and it will give it a more raspy and slighly lounder sound.
  4. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member

Well I do have another reason why I want to get rid of that "Rear" muffler, The heat shield thats permenately welded to the muffler rattles a bunch (sounds like a tin can at idle) so my solution........ Cut the B**ch off!
  5. ajarman

ajarman New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If it is rattling now, subs will wreek havic on it. Cut 'er off!
  6. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member

I like the way you think sir.

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE!!!!! Might be getting 2 12's and a 1200w amp for xmas. Gotta find my LOC so I can wire it up. also need to get ahold of the wiring diagram for the radio.