Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Need some opinions for new wheels! (pics inside)

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by 2011laserblue, Jan 19, 2014.

1. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Okay guys - I'm looking for some input.

For the 3 weeks I was home in MI for christmas break we got absolutely DUMPED ON with snow. But with all the snow came am equal amount of salt to help with the roads and unfortunately it took a toll on my wheels.

I've never bothered with having a summer/winter set for 2 reasons. One being, for the past couple of years we haven't really had much snow to call for salt to be put down on the roads. The second, I live in Kentucky for 8 months out of the year where again, not much of a reason for a "summer/winter" setup.

When I get home for the summer I plan on using some of the fancy cleaning materials that the detail shop has to see if I can get them to come clean. If not, I am looking at a few different options in which I am looking for your opinions:

Option 1: Buy another set of the current Ultra Baron's I have now.
    Option 2: Buy another set of black and chrome wheels similar to the Ultra barons I have now.
    Option 3: A certain woman in my life likes chrome and has been encouraging me to get chrome wheels….so go with a chrome set up.

I have this bias that black wheels are "tough" where chrome wheels are "pretty", so finding a chrome wheel that I like has been a chore - until I stumbled upon the RBP 94R:

[​IMG]

I like these because they still have black in them and I do believe that they would look pretty decent on ole' laser blue. So to help get a visualization, I used what little computer skills I have to try and render an image with that set up on my truck.

[​IMG]

It's obviously not a perfect image, but you get the idea. I think the wheels looks good, I'm just so attached to my current set up that I don't know what to do. Right now the current favorite is to go with another black wheel simply because I don't like buying the same things twice, and, a good friend of mine recently bought the same damn wheels that I currently have for his 2013 Ruby 1500…so I'm looking for a change. Trouble is I haven't really found anything that I feel looks better than what I currently have.

[​IMG]

Give me your opinions!

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

All you need is one snow fall and some salt to make a mess of any rim I always change to my stocks for the winter Plus I think I am getting new rims this year.. :neutral: But I have seen some Sweet black rims in the past that would look sweet on your truck. I'll be at the Keystone show Feb 22nd and see all the newest rims out.. and post pics.. If you wanna wait

3. 2011laserblue

Yeah I guess I've just been lucky until now. They've held up great but this winter my goodness they dumped so much salt and my poor wheels just couldn't keep up. We'll see what happens when I'm back home to see if I can get them to come clean but I think it's a lost cause.

Heck yeah I'd love that! It will be at least until May until I'll be back home so that means probably until June or July 'til I even make a decision. I'm going to do the gear swap and 35's all at the same time, so I might as well get the wheels too…going to be an expensive summer for me.

If I do black they have to have chrome in them I think. I don't know how good an all black wheel will go with the different chrome features I've got working. I'm trying to keep the black/chrome balance equal, which is why I've decided if I go with the 94R's I will probably add the N-FAB wheel-to-wheel steps (which are black) to help with that…plus with a level and bigger tires it will probably be time for some assist steps anyway.

You know how this deal goes…decisions decisions…

At least I've got my tires figured out…right? :lol:

4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

You do realize those black inserts come out, and you can have them color matched to your truck. That would look hot, and I like chrome wheels too. Must be a girl thing lol!

5. 2011laserblue

Yeah I've seen some trucks with those color-matched! I think if I end up with these those I will stick with the black. If I paint anything else it will probably be the rain-guards or mirrors - haven't quite decided on those yet either!

Haha I guess so….ladies like shiny things….probably reminds them of jewelry :lol: