1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Need some opinons..whats next??

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by SuperMach1, Apr 13, 2010.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. SuperMach1

SuperMach1 New Member

So I recently purchased a 2009 Silverado 4x4 with the 5.3l flexfuel and it has the no fear package on it so its lifted with wheels. I just finished putting on an Airaid Intake and I did the hypertech max econ tuner.

I was curious as to what you guys thought would be a good next addition!

Attached Files:

2. 2wheelmudder

2wheelmudder Rockstar 100 Posts

looks pretty nasty so far, if i was you i would first maybe add some fender flares on it maybe add black fender well covers in the rear to match front and maybe do some bed protection, and just my opinion but i like cab lights, so that's all i would plan on doing so far if i was you good luck:great:

3. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

headers is always a good addition!!!

4. SuperMach1

SuperMach1 New Member

I need to get some more pics. I have taken off a lot of the badges. I have thought about doing the black fender wells to match the front. Not too partial to the fender flares but honestly I have not seen many so I may change my mind once I start researching more. I will do a new bed liner pretty soon too I think, it has the one the dealership installs so its kind of the crappy plastic so I will wait until it's finally crappin out.

What kind of headers/exhaust really open of some power on these trucks?

5. j-schmizzle

you can pick from the following reputable brands: gibson, pace setter, jba, edelbrock. i have an 00 silverado w/ edelbrock shorty headers. it was well w/in my price range & i love it. it all depends if u want to get a full exhaust headers or shorty as well.

i'm sure there are other members on this forum that can probably comment on the other brands and the performance gains.

6. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Nice looking truck, one thing though, I wouldn't wait to ditch the plastic bedliner. Moisture can build up and be trapped between it and the bed. I recommend replacing it with a spray on liner sach as Line-X or Rhino lining.

7. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I would do headers and exhaust, and spray in liner. lots of good companies and depends on budget. edelbrock is good and cheaper. banks makes a full system I beleive but they are on the high end. JBA also makes good but expensive headers. other exhaust companies were listed above. Great looking truck

8. SuperMach1

SuperMach1 New Member

Hey guys thanks for all the feedback!

Are headers and exhaust any sort of good power adders for these trucks? Or is it mainly sound?

9. j-schmizzle

you get both sound and increase in hp. hp gain can vary from 10 - 25 hp for v8's.

10. SuperMach1

SuperMach1 New Member

Okay I was looking around and I can't really find the gains for many of them.

Are you saying they are going to be equal in respects to gains? Or is there a brand or two that get you better gains than the rest?