1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

need some reference pics of black headlights

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Cow_tipper 01, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Cow_tipper 01

Cow_tipper 01 New Member

so, im on the fence of either clear or black headlights. because, if i tint my altezza tails on the truck now, i wanna do a black headlight. if i put stockers back in i want to do a clear headlight. so im just looking for a reference pic(s), because i dont know if its been done and im kinda iffy on doing a black headlight on the pewter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

also, does anyone have any pics of tinted tails on these trucks? i know, i know, search function. but i wasnt able to find anything.
  2. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

IMO sell altezza tails, go with OEM 03-06 Chevy taillights and clear headlights/corner lenses
  3. Cow_tipper 01

Cow_tipper 01 New Member

i would go with the 03-06 tails, but im not good at all with wiring. although i would love to do 03-06 tails and yeah I am leaning more and more towards clear headlights.
  4. darnie1987

darnie1987 Rockstar 100 Posts

i got some pictures of my truck just a few posts down... black lights :)
  5. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I have the 03+ tails on my 99 GMC and they look so much better. I have clear headlights on my truck that have a dark gray look.
  6. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

And to change the tails all you'd have to do is shave a little bit of the socket which is what I did with a knife.
  7. Cow_tipper 01

Cow_tipper 01 New Member

riley i sent you a pm.

i was told in my introduction thread that i needed to do some hard wiring..
  8. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

As I mentioned in your other thread, you only have to do a Hard Wire, for the One Extra Bulb that the 03" and up Taillights have, if you don't want that extra bulb to work, then you can just use your Taillight Wiring Harness, and as rielyjr16 has mentioned, would just need to trim some of the socket, for the bulb to fit.
  9. Cow_tipper 01

Cow_tipper 01 New Member

ooh ok. sorry i misunderstood your post. Thanks for the clarification. If i dont end up getting these 01 tails im bidding on ill end up finding some 03+ tails. thanks everyone. BTW, i have some clear corners on order, should be here next wednesday.

Ive already removed the stickers on the side, so the truck is slowly coming along. Now time for some HID's. :)
  10. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

icture
    No worries......:happy:........I should have been a little more clear, bottom line, its a easy swap to do......and when you get the New Clear corners on, post-up some pics.

Here's my truck with the 03's.....

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2012