Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need Tech Advice for brakes on 4x4 Highrider

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by 09BlkColo, Oct 24, 2012.

1. 09BlkColo

09BlkColo New Member

I had stop real quick and hard from someone running a red light in my 94 Sonoma Highrider 4x4. So I stomped on the pedal real hard to stop and the very next time I had to stop, the pedal went to the floor and I had to pump the brakes to slow down and stop. They never recovered.

No leaks from the wheels cylinders, master cylinder, lines, or booster. No brake, SES or Anti-Lock lights are on.

In the off mode, I can pump the brake until the pedal is hard and it holds. Once the engine starts, bam, to the floor. So I replaed the MCylinder with the same results. I bleed the system from the LR -> RR -> LF -> RF, twice. Same results.

My next move is the booster but the symtoms don't act like a typical booster. I did notice a vacuum (hiss) sound (not a loud sound, but loud enough) in the cabin when I first press the on the brake pedal.

Is the booster the logical part to replace?

All answers welcome.