Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Need three wheels and lug nuts. Good source?

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by jerryrig, Nov 26, 2010.

1. jerryrig

jerryrig New Member

I just purchased wheels/tires off a 2009 CHEVY 3500 DUALLY. Owner lifted the truck and upgrade the wheels/tires. He used two stock wheels for the inside back and 16 lug nuts. I got seven tires but only four are mounted so ideally I need three 17" wheels and the 16 late model lug nuts. I am putting them on a 91 CREW CAB DUALLY with 16" wheels so they won't help me. Any help would be appreicated. Jerry

2. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

THEY WILL NOT FIT 100%, they are stud center wheels and yours is a hub center model...they will wooble all over.
    The center hole on the wheels is like 1/8 to big and u never get it perfect, DONT ASK ME HOW I KNOW, PLEASE..hahaha
    If u still want to try it and dont believe me, go to e-bay..u can find them on there !!!

3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!

4. DAREDEVIL

OH, yes...WELCOME !!!!!!!!!!

5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard!!!

6. jerryrig

jerryrig New Member

Any chance a double thread tapered seat lug nut would work? There has got to be a way to align the wheel. Biggest problem could be with the inside dual wheel. You are the MASTER MECHANIC, Scott, and I am here to learn. Wish I had looked here before making this purchase. Are there any 17" wheels out there that would work on my rig? I now have seven like new (and one IS new) 17" GENERAL GRABBERS.

7. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

8. DAREDEVIL

The only thing i can think of that u can do, is to go to a maschine shop and have them maschine u a spacer for the hub..but its going to be a thin one..i tried almost everything and then i decided to just buy some 19.5's of an old frito truck..they are also hub centered and i payed 800 for all 6 with tires..he is still selling those on e-bay aswell !!!!!

like i said , i tried and had no luck..but i never got to the maschine shop because i found these 19.5's !!!!!!!!!

and then just sell the tires and wheels u have !!!!

here is the link from the guy i bought the 19.5's
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SET-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  9. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !

10. jerryrig

jerryrig New Member

Just testing...before I write another long reply that I am refused to post?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010