Need three wheels and lug nuts. Good source?

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by jerryrig, Nov 26, 2010.

1. jerryrig

jerryrig New Member

I just purchased wheels/tires off a 2009 CHEVY 3500 DUALLY. Owner lifted the truck and upgrade the wheels/tires. He used two stock wheels for the inside back and 16 lug nuts. I got seven tires but only four are mounted so ideally I need three 17" wheels and the 16 late model lug nuts. I am putting them on a 91 CREW CAB DUALLY with 16" wheels so they won't help me. Any help would be appreicated. Jerry

2. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

THEY WILL NOT FIT 100%, they are stud center wheels and yours is a hub center model...they will wooble all over.
    The center hole on the wheels is like 1/8 to big and u never get it perfect, DONT ASK ME HOW I KNOW, PLEASE..hahaha
    If u still want to try it and dont believe me, go to e-bay..u can find them on there !!!

3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!

4. DAREDEVIL

OH, yes...WELCOME !!!!!!!!!!

5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard!!!

6. jerryrig

jerryrig New Member

Any chance a double thread tapered seat lug nut would work? There has got to be a way to align the wheel. Biggest problem could be with the inside dual wheel. You are the MASTER MECHANIC, Scott, and I am here to learn. Wish I had looked here before making this purchase. Are there any 17" wheels out there that would work on my rig? I now have seven like new (and one IS new) 17" GENERAL GRABBERS.

7. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

8. DAREDEVIL

The only thing i can think of that u can do, is to go to a maschine shop and have them maschine u a spacer for the hub..but its going to be a thin one..i tried almost everything and then i decided to just buy some 19.5's of an old frito truck..they are also hub centered and i payed 800 for all 6 with tires..he is still selling those on e-bay aswell !!!!!

like i said , i tried and had no luck..but i never got to the maschine shop because i found these 19.5's !!!!!!!!!

and then just sell the tires and wheels u have !!!!

here is the link from the guy i bought the 19.5's
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SET-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  9. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !

10. jerryrig

jerryrig New Member

Just testing...before I write another long reply that I am refused to post?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010