Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Need tire recommendations for 07 4x4

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by mhgoldwing, Jun 9, 2009.

1. mhgoldwing

mhgoldwing New Member

I have o7 suburban 1500 4x4 with premium ride pkg. I'm planning ahead for new tires and want to find best crossover tire for this vehicle. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Currently have OEM Goodyears 265x70x 17's.

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

The biggest improvement I've seen in tires was when I put Michelins on my truck. A little expensive, but well worth it.

3. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I love it.....needs a new tire recommendation and (re)tired2001 posts! lol Am I the only one who thinks that ironic. Funny really funny.:rofl:

I'm a big fan of BFG KO's for a good crossover. Not too noisy on the highway and a good performer for all but the most strenuous off road stuff. In heavy off-road use, the KO's tended to chunk out in the tread area.

I have run Michelins with no complaints, I just have issues with the French.

I recently found myself in need of a tire with more serious off-road capabilities so yesterday I upgraded from the Wrangler Silent Armor to a set of the new Wrangler MT/R's. The SA's had excessive treadwear and were only acceptable for off-road use.

4. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

50k mileage warranty on the SA my boss had 65k on his when he replaced them, I have seen very few sets come back for warranty, imo they are a great tire