Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Need to lower; truck too high!

Discussion in 'Lowered & Urban Suspension' started by dizzydroup, Apr 9, 2013.

1. dizzydroup

dizzydroup New Member

Hello folks, call me dizzydroup. I am retired and have a 1996 chevy express van(2500 cargo) that I am covering to a camper. I want to lower the front end and have not been able to find a dropped spindle or even shorter springs --any idea's?/ I am about to cut the springs as a last resort but am afraid it will affect the ride and bottom out??

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

If I remember correctly the 96 has coils up front. Have you thought of looking at replacement air springs?
    They offer a decent ride along with height adjustability.

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome! :great:

4. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !

5. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's great to have you aboard. :glasses:

6. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Welcome aboard.
    I've looked around, too, for my '85 1ton - nothing yet. There is a company that offers a 1ton drop spindle, but it's for a pickup, and would be offset for the dual rear style truck.

In my searching, the 85 van and comprable chassis truck have the same suspension part numbers, which is what got me searching for pickup drops of the era - I don't know if the '96 is set up the same way. Like tbplus10 suggested, I've looked at bags, too, but can't afford it / talk my wife into yet.

Good luck, and remember, half a coil at a time...

7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!

I moved your thread to the correct section of our forum and changed the title to more match your topic. This should help in getting you more responses and opinions related to your issue.