1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need to replace '03 Yukon XL side view mirror

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by soua2817, Sep 12, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. soua2817

soua2817 New Member

Hello everyone,

I was backing out of my garage and didn't realize I was closer to the wall than I thought I was. The drive side view mirror hit the wall and the mirror cracked so it needs to be fixed.

The mirror model I have has the turn signal flasher and electic adjustment but don't have a heater option.

I can remove the mirror from the Yukon and disconnect the wiring for the flasher but can't for the life of me figure out how to disconnect the wiring for the adjusting. Anyone have any ideas? Surely there has to be a relatively simple way to disconnect the mirror from the Yukon.

Thanks in advance,
    soua2817
  2. zubbiez

zubbiez New Member 100 Posts

you need to take off you door panel. there you will find the harness for the mirror there is a blue male/ female plug and a white male/female plug just unplg them they tie into the same mirror harness after that pull of the little triangle trim piece behind the mirror and there are three bolts unbolt them and the mirror will come off
  3. moosetags

moosetags New Member 100 Posts

Do have any tips or cautions for remove the door panel to get to the mirror pigtail?
  4. soua2817

soua2817 New Member

Thanks zubbiez, like moosetags asked, do you have any tips for removing the door panel? I pulled on it a bit, but didn't want to break anything so I figure it's best to ask first.
  5. zubbiez

zubbiez New Member 100 Posts

theres not much to it all the way under the door there is a screw unscrew it and the map pocket will pull out next remove the trim plate at the door handle there is another screw that needs to be taken out there then pull on the panel that has your lock and mirror switches this is just held in with clips so it just takes a little elbow grease. then kinda slide it into the opening youve exposed next lift up on the panel there are a couple of hooks on it that lacth it to the door so just lift straight up and tada there you have it .
  6. soua2817

soua2817 New Member

Wonderfull! Thanks for help. I'll be sure to post back if I run in to any problems and let you know how it turns out.

Thanks agian!