Need Vacuum Diagram for 97

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by sandygraves, Sep 23, 2013.

1. sandygraves

sandygraves New Member

I am trying to find a vacuum hose diagram for my husbands work truck. It isato 1997 Chevy 2500 350 vortec. Most sites suggested buying a manual but I can't right now. We live in the country and nothing is open. Any suggestions befgore I strangle him?

2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Question: why do you/does he need the vacuum hose diagram?

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/chevrolet-truck-1997-chevy-truck-vacuum-hoses

heres a link

3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!

****Thread moved here to correct section of Forum****

4. sandygraves

sandygraves New Member

There are 3 places for vacuum hoses. Only 2 are connected. The third is on top on passenger side. We were just wondering where it connected to or if it even needed to be hooked up. I think he has it running good now. Thank goodness. I almost strangled him!!! Thank you for your response :)

5. rileyjr16

anytime. That's what we are all here for on GMTC. Anything else comes up, feel free to ask us here. A lot of knowledgeable people here

6. sandygraves

sandygraves New Member

Thank you. I didn't know where to post this at. This site seems pretty cool. It makes me wish I had a Chevy. Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

:) Do you know if the 3rd one needs to be hooked up? Would it go to an older style distributor for a vacuum advance?

7. rileyjr16

Its been a while since I've seen the 97 engines (I had a 97 Chevy 4.3 V6). If you could get him to or even you could take a pIcture of it, it would provide a little more insight.

8. sandygraves

sandygraves New Member

He took a pic but Idk how to add it here. I am on my phone. Does it have to be added from a computer?

9. rileyjr16

No it doesn't. When you reply, there is the font bar and a smiley face icon. Next to that on the right side are 2 world globes, a picture frame and a movie reel. Click on the picture frame one and it should pop up a box to upload through. Probably easier from a computer but not too hard from a phone, basically the same way.

10. sandygraves

sandygraves New Member

I didn't get a mssg that you replied. But thanks! He got it working right. Do you know anything ab back brake lights and turn signals?