1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need Vacuum Diagram for 97

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by sandygraves, Sep 23, 2013.

1. sandygraves

sandygraves New Member

I am trying to find a vacuum hose diagram for my husbands work truck. It isato 1997 Chevy 2500 350 vortec. Most sites suggested buying a manual but I can't right now. We live in the country and nothing is open. Any suggestions befgore I strangle him?
  2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Active Member 1000 Posts

Question: why do you/does he need the vacuum hose diagram?

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/chevrolet-truck-1997-chevy-truck-vacuum-hoses

heres a link
  3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!

****Thread moved here to correct section of Forum****
  4. sandygraves

sandygraves New Member

There are 3 places for vacuum hoses. Only 2 are connected. The third is on top on passenger side. We were just wondering where it connected to or if it even needed to be hooked up. I think he has it running good now. Thank goodness. I almost strangled him!!! Thank you for your response :)
  5. rileyjr16

anytime. That's what we are all here for on GMTC. Anything else comes up, feel free to ask us here. A lot of knowledgeable people here
  6. sandygraves

sandygraves New Member

Thank you. I didn't know where to post this at. This site seems pretty cool. It makes me wish I had a Chevy. Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

:) Do you know if the 3rd one needs to be hooked up? Would it go to an older style distributor for a vacuum advance?
  7. rileyjr16

Its been a while since I've seen the 97 engines (I had a 97 Chevy 4.3 V6). If you could get him to or even you could take a pIcture of it, it would provide a little more insight.
  8. sandygraves

sandygraves New Member

He took a pic but Idk how to add it here. I am on my phone. Does it have to be added from a computer?
  9. rileyjr16

No it doesn't. When you reply, there is the font bar and a smiley face icon. Next to that on the right side are 2 world globes, a picture frame and a movie reel. Click on the picture frame one and it should pop up a box to upload through. Probably easier from a computer but not too hard from a phone, basically the same way.
  10. sandygraves

sandygraves New Member

I didn't get a mssg that you replied. But thanks! He got it working right. Do you know anything ab back brake lights and turn signals?