1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need your info. please

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by adidasboy918, Sep 11, 2008.

1. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

:neutral: what's a better look, nerf side step bars or running boards on a 07 silverado??
  2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Please fill in your signature so it's easier to remember if your 07 is the new, or classic body style.
    I like the looks and the funtionality of the tube steps myself. My Wife's 01 suburban has full running boards whick look good on her truck but if it had any kind of lift at all, I think it would look beefier with tube steps (nerf bars) like on my truck.
  3. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If it is the New Body Style like mine I love the 6" steps you can get from the dealership. In my opinion they look the best.
  4. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

If it is the "classic", I like the running boards on mine. I don't think I've seen them on the nbs though.
    [media]http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii25/retired2001/100_1951-1.jpg[/media]
  5. hutch_pt

hutch_pt Rockstar 100 Posts

Being a big guy (6'2" 240), I like the nerf bars as they feel like they can handle more weight. My wife's suburban has the factory running boards, and I have to get out a ladder to strap stuff to the roof rack, as it feels as though I am going to rip the running boards off...
  6. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

id say chrome nerf bars look better
  7. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

thank you all for your responses. My truck being black i'm thinking of going with black nerf bars. After seeing what the go rhinos dominator II side steps i'm thinking about those, but the cost is a little more then what i was looking to spend.
  8. black jack

black jack Rockstar 100 Posts

on my 02 avalanche i had the running boards like them, reason is when i went off road the dirt would not get on truck. now on my 05 it came with the nurf bars i like the look but had to put mud flaps on to keep dirt from getting on truck. also the nurfs are good for idiots that deside to open there car doors and they hit that instead of the body panels.
  9. Calbaby968

Calbaby968 Rockstar 100 Posts

nerf bars for sure. I had a set of running boards on a previous truck and it looked ok, but nerf bars stand out more and are solid. The running boards are covered by a 2x4.
  10. TylerR04

TylerR04 Rockstar

I would go with nerf bars. They just look a little more "cooler" I think