Need Your Thoughts

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by MTM, Apr 5, 2012.

1. MTM

MTM Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

This is what it will look like soon. It will have more cab lights, halos...but will be the full 8 piece with black backgrounds, then I'm in the process of making the RBP replica grille, and then the mirror lights

IMG_26082.jpg

2. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Looks good, i would use amber lights in the grill, as you are going to have other amber around the truck. One thing i would like to see is maybe some auxiliary lights behind the grill. Another thing is I think there's too many cab lights. If you want to do that why not just get a solid light bar on top?

3. MTM

I have been thinking of doing lights in the grille just not sure on how i want them yet. And the cab light thing is just something I've always loved. I know tons of people hate it but that's just a thing i like on big trucks. And when my diesel conversion is done it's going on 37's so i think that they really wont be the focal point as they are in this pic with the truck on 33's

4. ippielb

Well, to be honest i would like to see this grill conversion on your truck.
    [​IMG]

5. MTM

ah man i just don't do billets. I've tried to like them but i just can't. And the main reason i want to build the RBP replica is because they don't make them for the OBS and i want to stick out...more custom

6. ippielb

Cut out the billet and make the replica in that, i like those lights more then the grill.

7. MTM

Im not to set on anything i have to finish this diesel conversion first then all the cosmetics will come later

8. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I like the ones on the mirrors. I actually saw a newer dodge, it was white, and had white LEDs hooked up to his running lights. I thought it looked pretty sweet as he let me cross the street and I was starring at his mirrors. As far as the LEDs on the side what would you be using? Do you have a specific product in mind and color? Are you thinking about a switchback LED so it would be white until you put your blinker on?

Here is an example of one of GORecons products. It's their big rig light bar.
    DodgeAmber.jpg

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  9. MTM

No they would be amber lights on both the mirror and the rockers if i do the rockers. And they would both be hooked to the running lights and they will both be hooked to the blinkers. More than likely they will be very similar to the big rig kits where the there are a lot of LED's close together. The mirror lights are 1'' lights that will stick 1/8'' of the mounted surface and then i will smoke the lens so they do not stick out so much on the black mirror...They will also be a small LED

10. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Do you have a link to an example? I think they make the stick on strips that have black backgrounds.