1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Neighbor's house burned down

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Nov 12, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Down a couple of streets, sucks I saw the fire engines go by the other day. :-( It's not a total loss, they saved the structure and it's the garage and the roof that will need to be gutted and then everything in there needs to be replaced like all of the clothes and furniture.

neighbors.jpg
  2. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts

That's really unfortunate. Thats good that its not a total loss, but I would imagine it would be very difficult to get the smoke out of everything when you try to fix it up after that.

My mom's dessert shop was lost in a fire about 15 years ago and that was really hard for me to go through. We did lose everything in the business there though because my dad had let the insurance lapse that week... our end unit building was completely fire-rated and could have been saved like your neighbor's house, but because it was in a historic part of the city where the buildings are all attached the city forced it to be demolished during the fire to allow the burning one beside us to be put out.

Having been through that, I can't imagine losing my house or any part of it in a fire, so my best wishes go to your neighbors.
  3. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts

Hopefully all re safe and no harm to persons living there. They have some real neat ways to clear the smoke damage now a days. I helped clean out a house and then helped them move back in. No smoke detected by my nostrils.
  4. marko54

marko54 New Member

Not good, i went thru that 3 years ago,destroyed garage and 2 vehicles. At least the house is saved with no injuries
  5. Coach24

Guardian angels , like God, work in mysterious ways.
    Good to hear no bodily harm .
  6. Caddiac

Caddiac New Member 1000 Posts

X2 Coach. What is important is was injured or killed. Stuff is easy to replace. I am not down playing the tragedy especially in the current economic environment. But I have found that focusing on the positive helps keep things in perspective.
  7. pmf608

I agree 100% here. Things can be replaced. Its the people and the pets that matter.
  8. Coach24

People yes. Pets that I have seen on his site well.............................................
    Jk:fighting0037:
  9. pmf608

are you saying you wouldn't want to save mine or caddi's dogs? :slap:
  10. Coach24

Uh well....... Or Steve's shaved kitty?:neutral: