Nerf Bars

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by dsrtne1, Feb 3, 2009.

1. dsrtne1

dsrtne1 Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

Ok So I just bought a 05 Silverado 1500 and joined the forum (i'll properly introduce myself and my truck as soon as I get her home). It has a 7" pro comp lift and a 3" body lift on 35's. I need to get some steps of some sort because its inconvienent for most others(although I like the looks without steps and dont have much trouble getting in). Personally, out of all the steps, besides the Amp Research Powerstep (which I cant afford), i like the looks of the nerf bars the best. My only problem is that the truck has a body lift and the nerf bars mount to the frame so I'm afraid that they will look awkwardly low. Does anyone know of any companies that make nerf bars for trucks with body lifts so that they can look normal? I'm open to look at any type of steps but please, no running boards. Thanks alot everyone and I look forward to being part of the forum.

2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

3. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Welcome to the group. uh... I can't think of any right off hand. you may need to have it custom built maybe:neutral:.

4. 05azsilver

05azsilver Rockstar 100 Posts

A buddy of mine just picked up some step bars for, I think like $50, they look similiar to the picture below. they don't mount to the frame, they actually mount to the metal lip under the cab.

Attached Files:

5. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

my co-worker built some of his own. he says those POS bars you buy from where ever arent sealed at the ends of the tubes so water gets in them and they rust from the inside out. so he took 3" steel pipe andthen took some steel 90 degree bends and welded them to the straight piece of pipe, then made some brackets to mount them to the frame and voila. you can get them rhino lined or whatever, and they will last for quite some time longer than factory made. im going to have him make me some, but in the back instead of a 90, ill have him put a 'T' in and run a piece straight back and cap it off so i can have a step for my tool box

6. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

call over to orange county diesel in huntington beach, they did something for my neighbor like that.

7. dsrtne1

dsrtne1 Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

thanks for all the responses everyone. I think i may look into making some of my own or calling that shop in huntington. I like the steps that mount to the cab but that just seems kind of sketchy.