nerf bars

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by doughhester, Dec 4, 2010.

1. doughhester

doughhester New Member

hi i am fairly new here and just bought a 2011 sierra ext cab. i woud love to find some stainless nerf bars around 100-150. anybody got any suggestions?

2. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

The cheapest new set I've seen were on ebay for about $184. I can't attest for these, but remember, you get what you pay for.

3. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!

4. abn75

abn75 New Member

Yeah nerf bars would be great, I have not had a chance to put them on my 07 yet, as I just got it two weeks ago. But I agree with the you get what you pay for statement. Personally would feel better either buying a better set some where, or even going some where and buying a set and having it installed on site. I have always had bad luck trying to do things "on the cheap". Just my two cents though.

5. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

You'd have to search far and wide to find a set of stainless steel nerf bars in that price range. You can check Craigslist and see if there are any in your area that are available, but if you want a quality set that's not gonna rust out after X amount of years, I would spend the extra $$$ up front rather than later on having to replace a set of lesser quality nerf bars that are rusted.

6. jbjones240

jbjones240 Rockstar 100 Posts

Craigslist is the only place that I have seen nerf bars in that price range. x2 on spending the extra for a quality set.

-JJ

7. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I too have been researching Nerf-Bars for a bit for our Crew---------you won't find stainless any cheaper than about $ 185 on-line, and you can get black for about 150 to 160. (napa, running boards.com,stainlessnerfbars.com are just a few sites to check)

8. doughhester

doughhester New Member

i ordered a set off ebay. they were stainless and cost 154.00 shipping included. they came in today. iwas very pleased. thanks guys.

9. mad1500hd

mad1500hd Rockstar 100 Posts

nice! be sure to post some pics after the install!:great:

10. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Wow! That's a really good price. x2 on the pics.